Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeding or Flushing Sativa at Week 12 GH feeding schedule.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeding or Flushing Sativa at Week 12 GH feeding schedule.

I have a sativa dominant girl in Week 11 of the 12 week GH hydro feeding schedule. She is pretty far behind her indica dominant sister in another room.
    Week 12 is flush.
    The sativa girl clearly needs more time to mature. Buds are still fattening and tricomes need time to come up and change color. So should I go with flush and let her mature with balanced H20 and some flush chemicals, or should I repeat Week 11 feeding and Flush when the tricomes are looking milky with amber coming up. She's very leggy and flopping over all over the place, like a cheap date. I have her pretty well strung up for support.

Howdy Jason, I use the GH feeding schedule and I think that it is more suited (time wise) to either an indica dominate strain, or for more wattage than I am using. On my last grow one of the plants took 20 weeks and the other one took an additional 3 weeks longer. I am only using 220 watts (CFLs) and am planning to increase to 330 watts in the future. I did cut the plants after the sixth node appeared, LST'ed them and did keep them in grow light schedule for seven weeks.
    I'm not complaining, their products work well and I like the results, but I do wonder what the conditions were to obtain the 12 week schedule.
    Good luck with Your growing, and if You were to find out any details about the timing, please let me know. Thanks
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Hey DW2. Are you growing with hydro or soil? Hydro here.
      A light change might speed things up for you. I have a so called 315 CMH for that one girl. Its my first grow with it, and it seems to work very well.
      Reading more through the GWE site, I got some good information about the sativa dominant strains.
      I should not expect to wait for amber tricomes to harvest. All or most milky is where she's going to go.
      I went ahead and changed to Week 12 Flush after seeing some few amber tri's. Many are turning milky, most are still clearish. Varies around the plant.
      The way it developed was bunches of buds at the end of a few branches, so its VERY top heavy. I have 10 string/hooks holding it up. Looks like a dang tall ship.
      I FIM'd it early on and so it kinda went crazy with the clumps of buds. Only real problem is supporting everything while it ripens.
      Even though I'm on Week 12 (Flush) its actually more like Week 14 as I wait for the clones to adjust and show some strength before starting the GH feeding schedule.
      Then I FIM or top at what I hope is the right time.

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm growing with a recirculating DWC. More light is better, I have not had more than two plants per 220 watt lamp, go to harvest. The last grow, only one plant in each reservoir finished out (I think the plants 'snuffed out' the weaker sisters!). Also, I do not base the time for harvest on the color or condition of the pistils, only on the tricomes turning cloudy and then a little amber, then chop! I did not do any training on this grow and what a mistake! Tall and lanky with lots of buds, and I have to rely on yo-yos and supporting plant ties.
        Last edited by DW2; 08-01-2017, 11:13 AM. Reason: correction

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Jason, don't rush a sativa!!!

Continue late bloom schedule until pistils and/or trichomes tell you otherwise.
      Completed #1: http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...dwc-apocalypse

My forever grow.

2x400w MH/HPS (veg 6/2 /flower 12/12)

100w t-5 (nursery)

6"can fan and filter 480cfm max set to 240cfm exhausted outside.

Blue Planet Nutrients Farmer's Pride Organic
      5gal. Eco Oganics pots.

Coco soil and pearl

Light cycle: 6/2 veg. 12/12 flower

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-well-sort-of

Friendly advice:
      If you want to grow top shelf weed, arm yourself with knowledge:
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

I hear ya on trying to manage a lanky girl. My last indoor grow had a 'mystery' seed that was VERY sativa dominant and it proved to be impossible to train. I just gave up and let her have the entire side of the grow space until she finished. My advice on the schedule=let the plant tell you what she wants and when she wants. If you can do that there's nothing to worry about.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome picture!

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          What a horrible problem to have!!! I will gladly sacrifice myself in order to help to clear up the problem!
          Fantastic grow!

Thanks all for the insights. With some visible ambers, and most pistils going brown, I hope the Flush is OK. No rush here. The little stuff I have to trim off due to pinched stems and the like are good in the mean time.
        Looks like gbauto has a worse problem than I have. Its good to have such problems.
        Thanks again.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X