Stealth growing tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stealth growing tip

Great article by Nebula "7 Rules...Never Get Caught" in issue #276. Another tip: I put an open jar of Ona Block inside my vent duct just before it comes out of the house to prevent the pot smell from going outside the house. A neutral scent is best.

I thought a carbon filter is best? learn something new every day!

Comment

• Wallacem2
      Wallacem2 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a carbon filter. That removes the pot smell from the tent and exhausts it outside. Not sure about you but my outside exhaust reeks of pot. That's why I use the ONA Block in the outside vent to mask the exhaust smell.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      if it smells like pot outside maybe your filter is used up they dont last forever and if it is new are you drawing air from somewhere other than your carbon filter

I used to vent outside also using Ona gel in the exhaust vent only problem is every once in awhile you catch a whiff of something really funky my neighbor actually build a 6-foot fence between our yards I wish he would have put a 8ft fence up save me the hassle now I vent everything into the basement purchased much better carbon filters still occasionally get a funky odor. Depends on the strain and where you're at in flower my room smells so funky right now it's amazing whole house doesn't smell like this got to love it.

Comment

To vent my indoor grows I vent to attic and let my whole house fan pull it out side 3 floors up and have rarely smelled any thing,as it is desperced into the atmosphere and floats away on the wind. Works for me! I also considered venting thru my chimney if plan A didn't work out so far so good tho fingers crossed....lol

Comment

I have carbon filters, too. But if the Ona block works, it's hella cheaper!!
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

If there's smell coming out of your outside vent you need a better carbon filter! Shouldn't be able to smell anything if it's good enough and set up correctly.
          I vent into the room my tent is in, not outside and don't smell a thing unless I open the tent.
          Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
          600W HPS
          Coco
          GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
          Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Be careful!

Comment

Wallacem2 I agree with OzBud!! The carbon filter should "wash" the odor altogether. They do get used up, however.
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I have a carbon filter attached to a 8 inch 747cfm rated fan, and smell nothing ANYWHERE! I have a 2 foot by 4 foot tent 6 feet 11 inch plant grow ceiling! Just don't enter my bathroom after I exit for at least 10 min. 10 min. is required between bathroom visits in my home (we use egg timers)
                Last edited by dontknownuttin; 08-04-2017, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's extremely genteel!

That's not very stealthy DKN,
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

• Aloner
                  Aloner commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maybe get a recirculating carbon filter for that room?

Absolutely right
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X