No announcement yet.

New grower problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok for a real problem.. I have 8 days left.. I was thinking I could wait till the day before last to clip em but I'm not sure that's nearly enough time.. I don't have a truck to transport them so not sure a sitter would work.. any ideas?

Comment

• Daskahn
      Daskahn commented
      Editing a comment
      True.. is it really safe though? And I'm not entirely sure I trust possible sitter lol
      Was thinking about a storage unit

• ellz
      ellz commented
      Editing a comment
      I would definitely NOT put them in a storage unit! As someone who has had a storage unit broken into (and apparently it was very easy for them)....nope! As for renting a truck...I don't see why it wouldn't be safe to rent a truck and transport them to a new location. You would just want to clean out the truck really well when you are done but they don't care what you do with it as long as you bring it back.

• Daskahn
      Daskahn commented
      Editing a comment
      Well bad news all around
      My "sitter" informed me last night that he was under the assumption that he was to be doing the drying and curing not growing.. says he can't have em there growing... so idk

hi das!
    hey, just ran across this thread...didnt realise its ur grow journal!!
    wow, what a spot to be in! as if bein a new grower isnt stressful enough sometimes. damn.
    i agree with the truck being a safe bet long as you leave nothing behind.
    your flowers are developing nicely, looks like weeks 6 maybe coming into 7?
    no way to squeeze 2 more weeks out of your spot?
    if you were anywhere near seattle id make a spot in the basement here for a few weeks....just throwing it out there. transporting a dwc grow mid bloom is one of my biggest fears along with power outtages! dwc is awesome, but there are risks...

good luck das, hope it all works out.

Comment

• Daskahn
      Daskahn commented
      Editing a comment
      Started as me just asking questions but I figured hey already so much in it just turn it into an unofficial journal.. my next grow will be a real journal though.. thank you for the well wishing
      No there's no way if I stay a week longer I'd have to sign another year lease and pay another deposite plus agree to the 300$ increase in rent a month..

Ok so current situation is I don't really have a place to let them finish growing.. I was advice to get a magnifying glass and seeing where they are right now..
    current option is harvest as clos to move out day and see what we have and dry elsewhere..
    sooo
    what exactly would be the outcome if I harvest early?
    Is it still smokable?
    Ive never smoked early harvest medicine so I'm not sure what will happen

Comment

• ellz
      ellz commented
      Editing a comment
      If you harvest it early, the result will be a lower THC content and a heady high when consumed. You want to wait until at least 40% of the trichomes are milky or cloudy. Harvesting any earlier than that will still allow you to yield smokable buds but they will be a lot less potent and much more heady feeling. The longer they go, the more couch-lock of a high you get so if you let them reach full harvest you will get the most THC and the most intense high.
      Harvesting cannabis at the right time is just as important as how you grow the plant. Harvest marijuana buds too soon and you lose potency and yields; too late and you can end up making a batch of sleep medicine. Learn how to harvest at the perfect time, every time! Here's what you need...

• Daskahn
      Daskahn commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok so from what I read if it's a haze or sativa there's a good chance it will never change color.. hazes are common around here..
      But if I harvest an indica early it'll be a heady high but lower in thc.. I really don't want to but if it'll still get you high.. and not like kill you or make you sick I can still give it to a friend.. and wait for my next grow thank you for that link I think it cleared a lot up..

• ellz
      ellz commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, you will be safe to smoke it. It might be a bit harsh but you won't get sick from it.

Ok so a little update
    I might be able to take them with me.. not sure yet
    but just in case I clipped the two tallest which seem to not be doing anything anyways
    i also tried to get pictures of super runt through magnifier seems cloudy to me
    idk

Comment

Ok so basically couldn't move em and I'm pretty much out of time so I harvested.. while harvesting I did notice a lot of lower buds were changing colors.. even though I believe if I waited it would have been better and I would have had higher yields it's better then nothing

Comment

Well congratulations Daskahn, hope everything goes better next time, I bet you learned alot. Least you will be smoking .
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X