Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drying period

Hi!

I have quick question because i didnt find the answear on the tutorials, for the drying period is it ok to let the intra and extra fans runing 24/24? Because i wont have choice for keep the temperature and humidity low and because of the smell too, i suppose that doesnt change anything but i just want to make sure!

Thanks!

hey Fuji I leave my fans on during the during period you dont want any mold to grow
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Just don't run the fans directly on the drying buds, as it will make them dry out too fast. Anything is better than mold, so do whatever you need to in order to avoid that. If that means drying fast, so be it. Get them in the jars at 62% and they can cure there. my 2c.
      completed 7 grows
      what I have learned so far:
      environment maters more than nutrients
      at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
      effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Flockshot the idea is to get them into jars at 70% and then burp them down to 62% to cure them at least thats the way I understood it

• Flockshot
        Flockshot commented
        Editing a comment
        I disagree with putting 70% into a sealed jar, but to each his or her own.

I dry in the tent with the exhaust running low and a small fan on the floor pointing at the walls (not the hanging buds). I think I may be drying a little too quickly (3.5 to 4 days average) but it keeps the smell controlled and minimizes risk of mold. I have read the optimal conditions are the 70, 70, 7 rule: 70 degrees F, 70 RH and dry for 7 days. The 70 rh scares me but others swear by it. I will stick with 50's RH, 75 temp for 4 days in the tent.
      4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sheesh I with you 70% is asking for trouble, I dry buds in a net I dont hang them on stems but I still only dry them for 3 to 4 days and how I tell is I weigh the buds and put 100 grams in a separate container and when it weighs around 25 grams they are ready for jars and curing. I used to hang them and it was still around 3 to 4 days

Ok thanks for the advices! depending of the weather i have to let the AC runing so my humidity will be at 40% and the temp arround 72, so i wont have mold trouble!
      If i dont run the AC the temperature will be higher so it will dry faster and i put DampRid in my growbox for keep the humidity arround 50%.

Comment

• Flockshot
        Flockshot commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually 40% is lower than desired, if you have a choice. Here is a good read
        This tutorial teaches you the best way to dry and cure cannabis buds after harvest, which greatly increases bud quality. Quality drying/curing ensures the best smelling, most dense and highest potency marijuana buds!

• Fujihiro
        Fujihiro commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes i have read that but if my AC is on its hard to have 50%, i will try but i dont have humidifier, i guess if the humidity is too low the buds will dry too fast, the same if the temperature is too high.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X