tap water has ALOT of chlorine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tap water has ALOT of chlorine

So i tested my tap water and its got about the same amount of chlorine as a pool (FL) so i will have to use purified or distilled for water with nutes. Im going to use fox farms ocean forest soil but have read that the soil will adjust the ph properly instead of additonal additaves. Is this true or will i still need a lime or some calcium

No, that is not true. You still have to adjust your PH between 6 and 7. Very important.
    As for the Chlorine. Have you tried using Zip drops. The kind you use in a aquariums ?
    Last edited by kingfish; 07-20-2017, 03:30 PM.

Comment

My question would be is the chlorine still there if you let the water sit for 24 hours? Chlorine typically evaporates if left in an open container for a day, at least that is what many sites and books say...
      4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

• St.buds
        St.buds commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah the problem is now they use chloramine in alot of places instead of chlorine because it does not evaporate you have to check wht ur water company adds to the water my water has the chlorine smell after three days but it's not very strong I feel like it probably kills some if the nutes for my plants but it has been working for me just fine

• St.buds
        St.buds commented
        Editing a comment
        I still let the tap water sit out for a three days before I use tho I feel like some comes out but not all

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, chloramine does evaporate, just waaaaaay more slowly than chlorine. Three days is better than no days ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How long it takes to evaporate the chlorine is also a factor of how much surface area of the water is exposed. I have re-purposed quite a variety of containers. A two gallon jug with only a 1 inch opening is going to need more time than 2 Folgers coffee containers holding about the same amount of water. One has a surface area around 0.8 inches. The other two combine for about 56 square inches of exposure.
      Do something nice for a stranger today!

Comment

Task alot of places in FL use chloramine now shit iv been leaveing my water out for a week because of this i feel it doesnt get it all out because my plant still grows slow as hell because here they up the concetration every damn summer for the assholes with pools lmao but in the winter itll get atlot better
        DWC/hydroton clay pellets600w digital/dimmable ballast,
        250w MH veg,400w HPS flowering,floratrio nute schedule ,48*32*60 grow tent,
        current grow: feminized blue wizard
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...c-grow-journal

Comment

My 5 stage RO filter gets rid of the nasty stuff

Comment

dontknownuttin

RO systems do a great job of removing the bad in our water. However, folks who are drinking RO water should be aware that the World Health Organization reports that the removal of beneficial vital minerals like calcium and magnesium can cause serious health concerns. There are lots of links about this for those who are curious. Here is just one https://www.aqualiv.com/reverse-osmo...filter-health/

I'm guessing this also means we should step up our CalMag doses somewhat for the plants as well.
            Do something nice for a stranger today!

Comment

My RO has now paid for itself 1st grow used in clean low TDS water at a cost of 4.2 cents a gal. The store was robbing me for Distilled at .95 a gal.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X