Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow, finally in soil

Todays finally the day.

Thanks for all the advice getting to this point, Just gave my laddies there first taste of dirt. I have a few more to pot hopefully they will be ready tomorrow.

Im growing a few different types of auto seeds so hopefully they will be forgiving.

Few questions.

Did i pot to early?

What time frame should i bee looking to get to the 3-4 nodes mark?

Any over all advice from here?

Really arpreciate all input and advice. Ill update this thread with pictures and questions, Im sure i will have a lot moving foward.

I hope they're ladies and not laddies!
    My first grow

Comment

• Xcardplayer
      Xcardplayer commented
      Editing a comment
      So true.

Well from my experience and through the knowledge gained from GWE, there's nothing wrong with transplanting that early. They just might take a little extra time to catch up to where they should be. Just be careful with watering due to the larger pots. And IDK what your lighting set up is. Looks like leds. Never used them. I seed under t5. But I always have 4 to 5+ nodes within 2 weeks. How old are yours?

Comment

I have a gd amount of exsperince with autos and there amazing plants if u ever have questions feel free to pm me anytime they are looking great it will take about 3-4 weeks to get up2 ur 3Rd or 4th node there's a lot of vaualbes that influnece growth

Comment

• Xcardplayer
        Xcardplayer commented
        Editing a comment
        Ty very much, Always stuff to learn esp considering this is my first attempt to grow any thing.

• gps420
        gps420 commented
        Editing a comment
        You really take that long for on 3 to 4 nodes?

What influenced your decisions on supplies? Just curious

Comment

Just for reference, this was my newest plant and exactly 14 days. 4+ nodes
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170702_220341.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	115882

Comment

Originally posted by gps420 View Post
          What influenced your decisions on supplies? Just curious
          My goal was to start out growing 6 plants to see how i felt, With room to expand. It seemed that the 8x8 gorilla tent fit my needs.

I went with 2 p900 lights they seemed well reviewed around the comunity. Id rather have to much then not enough

From what i read auto seeds were alot easier and more forgiving. PLus i wanna see results as soon as possible for a moral victory.

Dirt for the same reasons as auto.

I went with KindSoil, once again for quality and ease. I dont have to add nutrients and its reviewed very well.

I have 2 inline fans i need to install, should be done this week.

My plan is to grow 3 plants and for the most part leave them natural, the other three i plan on doing some training with.

Comment

Originally posted by gps420 View Post
            Just for reference, this was my newest plant and exactly 14 days. 4+ nodes
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170702_220341.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	115882
            I am a bit concerned my stems arent think enough yet. they are around 6 days new.

Comment

• Xcardplayer
              Xcardplayer commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you sating when i transplant i can bury the stems deaper?

• gps420
              gps420 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah absolutely you can bury your stems all the way up to the two bottom round leaves. The stem that you bury will just grow roots.

• tyler_ hobbyist
              tyler_ hobbyist commented
              Editing a comment
              I burry the stem to the leaves as well it helps with strength

Light type true wattage distance light color, nutrients like potasium makes plants taller so further distance in nodes, higher phosphous will focus more energy on roots and cel devistion so slower above ground grown in seedling/veg. Co2/temp/rh then biostims like calmag b vites microbes amino acids hum/folic acids kelp. All these things influence growth. There's more varuables but that's just some. There's a lot of things that makes plants grow different also strain/genetics plays a role as well. U can grow simply and easily but with exsperince comes higher quality/quantity. And yes GPS this isn't something to rush it takes time and a lot of patience lol happy growing

Comment

There's one thing I wanted to add, I noticed ur useing led lights. With led lights 90percent of the useable light is only admited straight down. Leds are like lazer beems. Just so ur aware of where to put ur lights for the best useage.

Comment

Originally posted by tyler_ hobbyist View Post
                There's one thing I wanted to add, I noticed ur useing led lights. With led lights 90percent of the useable light is only admited straight down. Leds are like lazer beems. Just so ur aware of where to put ur lights for the best useage.
                Thanks, i rearanged.

Comment

Awesome I'm glad I could help

Comment

Put my ventalation in today, finally starting to see some growth in my young ladies. Added a 2nd led.

i have an 8x8 tent, is one platinum 900w enough to cover a quarter of it? in particcular to cover the 6 plants i have now? id like to add 6 more in another quadarant of tent, wondering if i will need more lights.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X