Hash extraction methods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hash extraction methods

Hello my friends. When using resin extraction bags with the 5 gallon and dry ice method, the clippings and trimmings that are to be used, are they wet trimmings and clippings?, or are they dried first or frozen first? How must your trimmings be prepared before they are put in the bucket with the dry ice? First time and I wish to do this correctly, but it's unclear to me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    5.5x8.5x7. 600w mh/hps. 440fan/carbon filter.
    FF soil/course perlite @25%. FF trio big bloom, grow, tiger bloom. PH w/ nutes@6.5.
    Four Green Crack fem. 7 gallon fiber pots.
    1 PKAF. 1 BCF. In 3 gallon fiber pots.
    Sowed 3-27-17. 12/12 light 5-7-17.
    Harvest PKAF 5-30-17 @ 43 grams
    Harvest one of four GC 7-9-17. Weight at time unknown. Will follow.

The best advise I can give is, watch Nebula's video. I personally keep my trim in the freezer until I'm ready to make Hash. Then I lay it out on a table and let it dry. If you keep it in the freezer, it makes it easy to chop it up. I like it to the consistency of ground up weed. Not powdery, just chopped up. BTW, there is no easier way to make hash.

Comment

Agree it seems to be the easiest way, and I have seen the video, but I don't think the mention how the have prepared there trim other than to say its been chopped up in the bowl. I read a resin bag company's instructions and they had the trimmings in the freezer before as well, but did not mention if trimmings were dried or wet before being frozen. Thanks for the info👍
      FF soil/course perlite @25%. FF trio big bloom, grow, tiger bloom. PH w/ nutes@6.5.

Comment

Howdy Garcon, I have had the best results with the dry ice extraction when the trim was completely dry and either crumble it up coarsely with my fingers, or just a second or two in the Ninja chopper. If it is ground too fine then some will pass thru the bags discoloring the hash.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Thank you. That is what I will do. Should be fun👍

Comment

Yeah go for it_ all the comments above are right on from my experience. I dry the sugar leaf and popcorn buds really well while the colas are hanging to dry.I just spread them out on cardboard so they don't lay on top of each other and dry well and fast. Then I take the last bit of sugar that is trimmed away before curing the dried bud. I wouldn't use "wet" trim. I've stored my sugar trim in a cool place and also frozen it. Didn't seem to be a difference. If you freeze it then put in in an airtight container and when you take it out, let it come up to room temperature before opening and then it won't get condensation on it. I use quart jars when I store it in the freezer. I also store the hash itself in the freezer until I want it. I've never tried using bud that has already been dried and cursed....maybe hash from that would smoke smoother? Only one way to tell. I also decarb some of the hash and make edibles with it or just pack it into gel caps and eat it!
            Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
            liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Garcon I always dry my trim in paper bags in a cool dark place before I make hash. I guess I kind of "cure" the trim, and it takes a couple of weeks if I have a good amount of trim. I wait until the grass smell is gone and it smells like good weed, and I open the bags once a day and move the trim around.
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

hey Garcon I did my first dry ice hash this year and I wish I had done it sooner , I let my stuff dry out in the barn then I tried adding the dry ice it worked but I wasn't happy with the amount so I decided to freeze it and that made a huge difference in the yield , so my advice would be to dry it then freeze it and when you have your dry ice just put frozen trim in with dry ice and shake away.
                new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Thanks OldJarHead and Alltstup. OJH since you have tried it both ways, I will dry it most of the way then freeze the trim till I'm ready for the dry ice. This should be fun and rewarding. Thanks men.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X