Dwc trying to figgur out my problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dwc trying to figgur out my problem

Alright so iv had my plant about a month now acutally she will be 1 month tommorrow and shes stiying small i had root problems about 2 weeks ago but i found out that was due to water temps riseing above 80+ on a few days iv teken car of that problem rangeing from 67° to 75° at its hottest she seemed to rebound great but now im noticeing root problems again no light gets in iv made sure the temps never top out over 75 in the res water and iv got 2 large airstones so im not 100% sure whats going on its a top fed dwc system with a 250w dimmable MH light running a 18/16 light schedule but shes remaining small and i cant figgur out why iv included one pic let me know if you need more to help but i cant get a clear pic of the roots maybe they will be longer tommorrow so for now ill just show you what the plant looks like for now http://imgur.com/a/POxO9
    DWC/hydroton clay pellets600w digital/dimmable ballast,
    250w MH veg,400w HPS flowering,floratrio nute schedule ,48*32*60 grow tent,
    current grow: feminized blue wizard
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...c-grow-journal

Hello G420. I don't grow DWC, so I'm not much help., but that's a beautiful plant ,I can't see anything wrong. I'm sure someone will be on here in a minute to try to help though. Good Luck. Need root pics.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Graff420
      Graff420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey i just put up some root pics thanks for the feedback just learned this comment thing tho sorry it took me solong to reply

Ill post some in the morning her roots are barly visible throught the bottom of the net pot she had one great root but when the temps rose she lost accesssabilty to oxygen and started witing and that main root shoot died and turned brown sence then shes been working on many and i mean many shoots on roots some turn brown and some dont but i cant grab them through the pot so i look at them when i inspect her roots once every 2 days but from what iv read shes soposed to be able to grow 5 to 6 nodes in 2 weeks with dwc but my girl is about double that finally makeing it to 6 and just trying to keep her roots good as it seems she is loveing everything else only took her 12 hours from seed to pop out and open her first 2 leaves seemed to take off but then slowed way down but im high and just typeing up a storm lmao ill post some root pics in a few hours or at least the best i can do for root pics

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, she's a strong girl and she will bounce back!!! Just let those roots get bushy. One thing I have learned in the last year of growing: when there's a problem, they need time to make a comeback before you add any other kind of stress.

• Graff420
      Graff420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks im hopeing she will make it to harvest so i can pop in them royal gorilla seeds lmao

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I got some auto gorilla glue seeds for my next grow, along with auto euforia.

And your girl will make it to harvest, it's just one phase at a time. Like I said, she looks like a strong one (not a runt), so I have hopes for her. First phase is germination; now you want to get the roots growin real strong. Then she will veg very strong, which makes for a strong flower phase.

Here are some root pics i just took figgured itd be better to go in without lights on

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      You didn't answer my question; and what's the water level.

• Graff420
      Graff420 commented
      Editing a comment
      My bad i posted in with your last comment i posted these pics befor i relized you commented

• Graff420
      Graff420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Id say the water is a inch and a half at most 2 off the netpots bottom

Just a couple more pics of her if anyone else can spot anything else im doing wrong

Comment

• Graff420
      Graff420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea no i did that in the begining i got a 1 year old babygirl on july 19th shes been keeping me up lately so i went like 2 days without checcing her after she sprouted and she streched all the way up there i brought light down and she started going to town till res temps were riseing

• Graff420
      Graff420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Her single finger leaves is were pretty much the hight was at in 2 days but them single finger leaves and the next set up are died they got roasted out with the riseing res temps but after that shes provided me with all the growth after that i was pretty much just trying to make sure i didnt hurt her to much to be recovered

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey happy bday to babygirl!!

Yeah, it's all a balancing act with lights, temps, humidity, etc. I have a 28 x28 x 40" grow box, I finally had to break down and buy a chiller to keep the res. temps down. It's been bangin along since then. But I had problems with roots before that. Plus I had some light leaks into the res. that were part of the problem, but it looks like your res. is light proof.

Hey G420. Your getting great advice from Alltatup so I'm sure everything will turn out fine . Happy BabyBirthday.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Hey alltatup what kind of chiller did you get for your res (sorry for going off topic)? My box is slightly smaller than yours and I'm having trouble keeping the temp down and looking at chillers was kind of confusing as to what I need for a smaller set up. I was going to mount the air pump on the outside of the box to bring in fresh cool air but I don't want all that noise. Btw Graph420 she looks great! I'm sure she will bounce back.
      Current grow:
      Strains: White Walker Kush Fem from DNA Genetics and Blue Afghan X Sour Diesel Fem from Stranger Seeds​​​

Medium: Kind Soil topped with Ocean Forest in 3.9gal autopots with a 12gal reservoir

Light: Horticulture Lighting Group HLG600H

Nutes: Plain PHd water

Area: 20in D x 36in W x 60in H Tent, 4" inline exhaust, 4" inline intake, and 6" circulation fan.

Methods: topping, LST, defoliation.

Germination: Dropped right in the soil

Comment

Agentbuckwold3 I got the Active Aqua Chiller, 1/10 hp, drilled holes in the side of my grow box and through the reservoir, inserted the tubs through rubber grommets (right term?) so the tubing fit nice and tight, no air/light leaks. I found a good deal on Ebay. Holes were drilled well above the water line.

My reservoir holds 5-6 gallons, and this was the smallest chiller I could find. It will cool a lot more water than that, and I haven't had a single problem with root rot since I installed it.
        Last edited by alltatup; 07-13-2017, 09:50 AM.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Doubledealing72
          Doubledealing72 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol, yeah allatup, I believe this is the correct term. I feel we have had this discussion before 😂

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          And we'll have it again!! ;-}

I got one of those trucker coolers 12 volt DC. I place my air pump inside the truckers chest turn it on and it supply's my res. with cooled fresh air. As the air passes though the water it cools the whole res!. Cost for my chiller was $5.00 used. It drops res. temp. about 10 degrees and uses little power!.
        Last edited by dontknownuttin; 07-13-2017, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          DAMN!!!!! I could have saved a lot of money... But it wouldn't work with my setup anyway...

• Vorew
          Vorew commented
          Editing a comment
          This is a damn fine idea! I'm going to have to look into this now!

Please remember, Don't listen to any advice I give as I dontknownuttin!

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I forgot. Thanks for reminding me!!! (Secretly I call you the mad genius.)

So anyone have any idea on how long i should wait intill i top her shes been doing better and better every day and i fould out my roots are playing with my top fed tube they keep pushing the water out a different side of the net pot which causes some of her roots to dry out somehow even woth the root hanging like half an inch above the res water but when do you guys wait to top?

Comment

• Graff420
          Graff420 commented
          Editing a comment
          No nails i got a bad habbit of chewing them off when im nervous lmao cant help it tho been trying to stop but yea im thinking of waiting about one more week befor trying to do it

• abadtrip
          abadtrip commented
          Editing a comment
          I was so nervous when I topped but it's fun the plant loved it. next time I am going to follow the manifold totiorial on gwe.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Wait for solid root system before adding any further stress.

Is it harder for algy and other bacteria to grow in flowing water? I am asking because I had root rot bad on both plants then I changed to a recurculating system that I built for about 80 bucks and the res sits on the outside of the tent with a constant flow and drain back to the res from my dwc buckets. After I did this my root rot cleared right up and my roots love the new system. I feel like it was just the flow of water that has helped the problem.
        It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

• Graff420
          Graff420 commented
          Editing a comment
          I got about 200 ft of tubeing recirculating my water to a styrofoam cooler sitting right outside my tent so its always a cool 70 and if i need it colder i thorw in ice with the styrofoam cooler so i never worry about freezeing the roots i cut it into 50 ft setions and ran it from the "hub" for my top feed and just ran 4 50ft tubes to the cooler and right back to my 10 gallon res its got about 6 gallons of water in it so im moveing the water from the res at 20 gal/hr on 4 hub ports so moveing 80 gallons an hr from the res and back so its on got 6 gallons that recirculate 13 times every hour figgured that would be enough movement but still not 100% sure weather its root rot or drying roots out somehow

I too like the idea of circulation of res. I got one of these
        Amazon.com: Hydor Koralia Nano 240 Aquarium Circulation Pump, 240 GPH: Pet Supplies

Comment

I have this for my 5 gal res.and it's perfect! Size is small, sticks well to the res. wall and you can adjust the direction of the flow. Best of all, the price seems right

Comment

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X