Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice about flowering progress...

Hi All,

I'm a little worried about how my plant's doing. I'm 6 weeks into Flowering and I thought things were going pretty well but I need some guidance. It's stopped growing for the most part (I've only had about an inch in 2 weeks) which seemed like a good sign because the buds look to be forming nicely. It's gotten pretty heavy - I've had to add quite a few strings to keep it upright. The last 2 weeks I've noticed the sugar leaves are really droopy but kinda tough-feeling. All the other leaves are appropriately upright, in my opinion. In the last 2 days, a few sets of leaves on the left have gotten yellow (one set fell off), while the tops of the stems are very deep green. I've noticed the clawing and deep green for a few weeks, so I stopped adding nutes (using Fox Farms trio at recommended dose) for the last few waterings to see if it was nitrogen toxicity. Could that be why the leaves are yellowing? I'm gonna change up the nutes to have less nitrogen and hope that helps.

How do the buds look to you? I'm not well versed in trimming the leaves, but I have to wonder if they're in need of it.

Thanks for any advice!

After 6 weeks you would expect to see more well developed buds, unless you have a strain that takes time_ some sativa/ haze strains can take 11-12 weeks. from the photos it looks like you might also have a nitrogen toxicity issue and maybe a watering one as well. If there is too much nitrogen it will delay flowering, especially if its starting to get to toxic levels. Check out the tutorial "7 Step remedy" right here on GWE for possible solutions.Hope things turn around for an awesome harvest!
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Hello ID We might could give you some better help if we knew your whole grow setup, like what kind of plant , what kind of lights that kind of thing. Like Zigzag said the yellowing and clawing could be a couple of things. The yellowing is normal at a certain stage of the plants life. Just need more information before we can help you very much.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Here are those details:

grow lights: cfl
        medium: organic soil
        water: distilled plus nutrients
        ph: testing consistently between 6.5-7
        plant type: unknown, I had a bunch of seeds from past bud and decided to give growing a try.
        size: 33 inches tall, 3 main stems (only 1 has yellowing leaves)
        pot: 2 gallon smartpot
        temp: average 79, humidity 45

history: I started this plant in February. I made some dumb mistakes, caused a lot of stress, changed everything and things got exponentially better. The plant grew three times its size in a short time after which I swapped to 12/12. It grew a few more inches in the 2 weeks after that.

In the last few days, I've lost maybe 5 fan leaves to yellowing/falling off. There are about 10 more that are still attaches but not for long.

Overall it's been a very slow grow, which I'm sure is in part because of my first-time-grower errors.

Comment

You list Ph out but what about Ph in?
          SSD

Comment

Average temp is not useful. Max and low are. 2 gallons is minimum size. Minimum pot size means minimum root ball size means minimum plant size.
            SSD

Comment

Thanks, SSD. Ph in is between 6.3-6.5. I'll check again when I water tonight. I think I forgot to mention that I water thoroughly every 3-4 days based on the how she feels. Max temp has been 81 lately - it's very hot and humid near me so I've had a really challenging time keeping heat down. Min is currently about 76. Not sure how to get it cooler - A/C sucks in that room, windows don't fit units, and I have multiple fans going.

Not sure about your other comment - can you clarify? I'm guessing you're saying I need a bigger smaetpot. Terrified to transplant during flowering, but I can probably cut the pot off.

Appreciate the help!

Comment

What wattage are the CFLs, and what nutrient/nutrient schedule?

Oh and what strain.

One more thing could you post a pic of the whole plant.

I just started week 7 (excluding transition) on a 11week photo.

It could be a Sativa or Sativa Dominant.

Also it looks like there's alot of water leaves. Have you defoilated?
                Last edited by POKEDSMOT; 07-12-2017, 05:26 PM.
                Completed #1: http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...dwc-apocalypse

My forever grow.

2x400w MH/HPS (veg 6/2 /flower 12/12)

100w t-5 (nursery)

6"can fan and filter 480cfm max set to 240cfm exhausted outside.

Blue Planet Nutrients Farmer's Pride Organic
                5gal. Eco Oganics pots.

Coco soil and pearl

Light cycle: 6/2 veg. 12/12 flower

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-well-sort-of

Friendly advice:
                If you want to grow top shelf weed, arm yourself with knowledge:
                http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

Hey ID. Every thing sounds good to me except the 2 gallon SmartPot , root problems, kinda late to be transplanting, maybe not that's up to you, but I sure hope you get a decent harvest, I'm using 3 gallon SmartPots growing autos with out any problems. Keep us informed on your grow, Good Luck. It sure sounds like it's rootbound ,even though SmartPots are supposed to stop that , 2 gallons to small.
                  Cfls for a week or two
                  315lec for everything else
                  Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                  36x36x63 inch tent.
                  6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                  Smart pots
                  Molasses
                  Autoflowers

Comment

I think DAAS is correct you have two small of a pot anything that is going to take longer than 3 months needs to be in a 5 gallon I started with three gallon pots and what a huge difference in yield when I switched to 5
                    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X