Brown Leaf Tips- Nutes or Late Flower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown Leaf Tips- Nutes or Late Flower?

My Yvonna 7 (White Widow relative) is just beginning Week 9 of 12 on the GH Trio feeding schedule. A slight browning of leaf tips is happening.
    Too strong a nutrient solution or just natural aging of leaves at this stage of flower?
    Insights appreciated. This girl was FIM'd and has responded well.
    Light is 315 CMH at about 22 inches. Lots of air movement with three fans. I over fill the res so nutes are slightly diluted. Half gallon of adjusted water morning and early evening before lights go out. pH tested three times a day. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4068.JPG
Views:	536
Size:	613.5 KB
ID:	114588Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4072.JPG
Views:	518
Size:	504.0 KB
ID:	114589

Looks like just the tips to me ,same thing happened to me every time I top dressed with KindSoil, no problems at all if that is all there is. Pretty plants. Nice light. Very small nutrient burn.
    Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 07-10-2017, 06:36 AM. Reason: Forgot
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Thank you. That's what I'm thinking. Nute change is tomorrow, so I might knock it back a bit. I hate to cut back on the Bloom portion of the food, so I'll give that some thought.
      She's very leggy and buds I'd like to see fatten and condense a bit. But there are weeks to go until cut down time.

Comment

• berrypilot
        berrypilot commented
        Editing a comment
        🌱 I think your plants look fabulous! 🌱

Don't worry she will fatten up.
      Cfls for a week or two
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• Jason
        Jason commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope so. She covered with flowers, but not the density that would make me salivate in anticipation. But we'll see.

Your doing a good job Jason.
      Cfls for a week or two
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Nebula says to back down on the nutes as you approach the end of flowering, and I consistently use way less than is recommended.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

ya your fine Jason they are looking great I get that tip burn I always thought it was because of the lack of N in bloom . on week 8 of bloom this last grow I watered with water and molasses like Nebula says and in 3 days my buds doubled in size and hardness so they will fill out if you give them the time
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Thanks folks. I feel batter bout backing down on the nutes for that plant. The new problem is the buds are getting too heavy for the stems. They're flopping over. Bunches of them are flopping over.
            I've tried some internal supports, which help, but I think I need to go aerial.
            The Lavender 2 loves the full strength nutes. Both plants require a gallon of water added each day to a two gallon reservoir. Thirsty girls.

Comment

• berrypilot
              berrypilot commented
              Editing a comment
              🌱 That's a great problem to have! 🌱

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              thats a great problem to have have you tried yoyos ,I use bamboo shoots pain in butt but it works, your in hydro so that wouldn't work , little late for a SOG , put a hook in the wall or ceiling and tie string to it that will hold your buds up.

That's a problem I like big ole floppy buds. Good Luck. Jason.
            Cfls for a week or two
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

• Aloner
              Aloner commented
              Editing a comment
              I think most of us would love to have that "problem"!

I can't take much blame for floppy buds. I think its more like good strain + good light/air + Water Farm + GH Trio + follow directions. That last bit is me.
            This plant is very leggy, so I guess it has a lot of indica in it. The Lavender is more like a tree with large buds. No sagging there.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X