does anyone use powder nutrients?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone use powder nutrients?

I have tryed a lot of different liquid nutes and am thinking of switching to powder has anyone had experience with powder nutes?

Yes I mix my own dry nutrients. The benefits are that it is simple to adjust what you feed them and is a lot cheaper than buying liquid nutrients. Only costs me about 1 cent per gallon.to make.

Comment

That's awesome what brand do u use and where can u buy it?

Comment

• growmore
        growmore commented
        Editing a comment
        Not a brand you can buy.. I buy the separate chemical's and mix them myself so I can get any npk I want. I'm not in the U.S and buy the ingredients from a agricultural supplier.

How do u know how much npk ur adding?

Comment

• growmore
        growmore commented
        Editing a comment
        Just basic chemistry

Is that powder stuff even Organic?

Comment

• growmore
        growmore commented
        Editing a comment
        No it's not apart from some fulvic acid added for its chelation properties.

How do u messure the npk when adding it? I use npk industries bio stimulents but wanna use there npk powders as well but I dnt know how to calculate the npk when adding it?

Comment

• St.buds
        St.buds commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea there has gota be some kinda math formula to get your percent of npk or something

• growmore
        growmore commented
        Editing a comment
        If you buy pre mixed dry nutrients then it is very difficult to accurately calculate exact npk. You need to buy the ingredients separately and make liquid stock solutions and then just add them the same as you would for any of the normal liquid nutrients.

A good veg formula is
      200 grams per litre Calcium Nitrate
      100 grams per litre Magnesium Sulphate
      80 grams per litre Mono Potassium Phosphate
      60 grams per litre Potassium Nitrate
      3 grams per litre chelated trace elements
      All mixes separately and added at 5 mls each per litre of water.

Comment

Gives you a ppm of around 900 ppm and makes 200 litre's
        The main benefits by doing it this way is that if you want to change something you only need to either decrease or increase the individual stock solutions to get exactly what you want.

Comment

I have 4 plants growing in smart pots(3gal) using Fox Forrest with Coco and perlite. My problem is one of the pots soil is shrinking below the level of the other 3 by at least 4 inches and water is pouring slowly and the medium is thick,hard. Is there anything I can do to help with better draining? Their in 6th week about to flower.

Comment

Howdy tyler_hobbyist, I use the GH Maxi series (grow and bloom) dry nutrient. Per-mixed and with the proper ratios of NKP for the growing and flowering periods of the plant. I do use some of the supplements from GH as well. I find the dry nutrients easier to use and I do hate paying for water and extra shipping costs. They cost only $13.50 for 2.2 lbs., and there are no 'micro' nutrients to add as with some liquid nutrients. Like growmore does, You could buy the basic chemicals and mix Your own blend, just a hint, look on the labels of various nutrient products to see what the sources of the nutrients that they are using (i.e. soluble potash, or ammonium nitrate, etc.), then with a little math, work out the ratios to get the blend that You want. Me, I have a lazy streak, so I just use the commercial pre-mix.
            Good luck with Your grow.
            Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Thank you everyone dw2 how many gallons does that 2.2lb bag make?

Comment

• DW2
                DW2 commented
                Editing a comment
                At the maximum feed rate, as per the GH schedule, I am using 9 tsp for six gallons (1.5 tsp/gallon). I have never weighted the bloom (or grow for that fact), but I will weigh that amount out and let you know the next time that I feed the girls. Just a quesstomation by the last grow, I used about a half of a bag of each, maybe a little more, I am growing in two reservoirs (six gallons each).

2.2lbs x 16ozs per lb=35.2ozs x 28grams= 985.6grams. (1.5tsp should be 3grams that's what I get when I weigh my powder) 985.6÷3= 328.5 gallons per bag. Does that sound correct?

Comment

• DW2
                DW2 commented
                Editing a comment
                @tyler_hobbyist, 1.0 Kg = 2.205 lbs., 28.34 g/oz. A teaspoon is a measure of volume not weight or mass. The weight of a granular or powdered substance would vary by it's density and grain size (the larger the size of the particles, the more 'air gaps' in the measure). Nine (level) teaspoons of GH MaxiBloom weighs in at 56.5 g, yielding 17.65 feedings at 1.5 tsp/gal., or almost three months (feeding once a week).
                The MaxiBloom lists; a 5-15-14 NPK with,calcium-5%, magnesium-3.5%,sulfur-4%, and there are manganese, boron, and zinc.
                I have had very good results with the GH dry nutrients (I do not like to pay for shipping water!) and like the results using their supplements as well. I have tried others, but they did not produce as well, either due to my lack of experience at the time, or that they were not as good.
                Good luck on Your quest for the best mix.

• tyler_ hobbyist
                tyler_ hobbyist commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you very much! So from my understanding 1 bag of 2.2lbs will make 106gallons of nutreint water. Is that corect in ur calculations?

• DW2
                DW2 commented
                Editing a comment
                Purtnear spot on! At the feed rate of 1 1/2 teaspoons per gallon.

Do u know what micro nutes the grow has? (humic acid b vites silica yucca microbes or microbe food ect??) sorry about all the questions just wanna find a cheaper way

Comment

• DW2
                DW2 commented
                Editing a comment
                The humic acid and some basic sugars are in the Floralicious Plus and silica from Armor Si.

Cheaper or better?

Comment

Cheaper with still good quality lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X