Why, How & Why, Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why, How & Why, Why?

What were YOUR deciding factors when you decided how to grow and what strains?

My WHY: because I'm tired on contributing to black markets and my wife said I could.

Grow Method: Top-fed DWC, for faster growth and because I'm a control freak who wants to monitor and tinker with everything

Strains: Short flowering time, medium to high yield, and THC content.
    Current Grow: seeds in July 3rd, 2017

7'x6'x8' custom built room w/ exhaust and carbon filter
    3 (1 not in use yet) 600w IPower dimmable MH/HPS

Top Fed DWC Bubbleponics
    GH Trio, Hydroguard, and GH Ph kit.
    Strains: all Seedsman, all Feminized, all Fast.
    2 Cinderella 99 x Blueberry
    1 Power Africa x MK Ultra
    2 Big Nugs
    Training: Nebula's modified manifold technique w/ LST as needed.

Mine are same as yours, right down to the wife''s permission

Comment

when i choose a strain i choose it base on mold resistance,flavor and thc..i dont worry as much about yeild as i do quality..i would rather have 10 oz of high grade weed then 25 oz of mid-low grade

Comment

Why...because as a longtime gardener, I finally figured I could do it and get the goodies fresh and clean! 🐸
        How...got great info from GWE, and chose indoor under CFLS cause it seemed the easiest to set up in my bedroom, and kept giving me really super harvests! 🌿
        What...definitely autos...they gave me results without concerns over lighting schedules. Also, I look for strains with medium or high CBD...for medicinal reasons. 🌻
        Current grows...http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ime-collection
        Recent grows...
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...n-og-haze-auto
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ss-cheese-auto
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-2-we-love-you

Comment

Our plan was always to start growing seriously once we were fully retired. So now I grow in her memory, as well as for the obvious reasons, own supply, personal selection, etc.

As for strains this next grow will be a perpetual garden for at least a year with 4 strains. Wonder Woman for a high yield rec smoke, Northern Light for a second rec smoke plus ease of growing, White Widow for a high THC product and Candida for a high CBD strain.

Indoors, Flood and Drain, short to medium height, SOG and SCROG.

I'm also looking into Autos because I think they'll be easier for my as my condition progresses, but right now doing the entire cycle is proving very beneficial for me.
          The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
          Water Curing Experiment
          My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

I look for heat tolerance.
            SSD

Comment

• GanjaGed
              GanjaGed commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe, the rez temp has been stable, all plants are clones taken at the same time from the same mother and all in the same tent. Being not only the first "split medium" grow I've done it's also my first hydro. From everything I've read the hydro should be going faster than the soil.

I'm seriously puzzled. Though the hydro ones did start showing a bit today, so I'm wondering if they'll catch up or what. No big deal either way, I'll just cut them later when ready.

Now at some point I'm gonna want to do this again to watch and track, but that's for another day

My why I'm cheap and don't like to pay a lot for a little that's no good or not up to par. Longtime gardener so I knew I could do it, and I don't need permission to grow medicine. I prefer not to take narcotics.
            I grew my first grow in a closet in the 80's and got maybe 1 bud...
            My last grow was a disappointment but a learning experience
            My next grow is about to start. I have one clone that has gone nuts. I think it's ready to transplant, my only reservation is that it will be non-productive like the mother plant.
            I have 3 Jackpot seeds and 2 mystery seeds, all auto and feminized on the way. Thinking about growing the clone and germinating one seed and keeping the rest for later.
            Strains I look for, something for insomnia, chronic pain, fibromyalgia, anxiety and PTSD as well as couchlock. I want compact, not too smelly, I want high THC, medium to high yield, and ease of grow. More indica than sativa.
            I use soil, someone suggested Kind Soil instead of making my own with compost and vermiculite.
            Gotta get on the stick and order my 300W led light and the Kind Soil so I will be ready when my seeds show up.
            Great thread!
            Current grow:
            2-300w led lights
            1- 60w cfl for germination
            2- 5 gal fiber pots
            Kind Soil 5lbs per 5 gal pot
            Compost (80%)/perlite (20%)
            Seeds:
            Shaolin Master auto/fem Harvested
            Kush auto/fem (planted 5/13/18) Harvested
            Sweet Soma auto/fem ready to go into her home soon (kind soil)
            Northern Lights auto/fem, put in soil today, waiting for forever home soon.

Comment

I decided to start growing my own:
              1. Didn't want to pay $400 oz.
              2. Wanted to choose my own strains. I wasn't always impressed with what I bought.
              3. Been a gardener for a long time and I love and respect plants and their energies.
              4. I had some spare money to invest in a stealth grow box, which was the right choice for my situation.
              5. To impress the crap out of my friends with home grown.
              6. It's really good therapy.
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

a buddy had some seeds thrown in his yard and he let them grow .I went down to check on them all the time and I figured it was time for me to start growing ,HTG hydro supply was having a huge sale so I asked the wife and bought what I thought I needed , started some bag seeds about 50 of them I think I ended up with 3 females, one was defiantly a full blooded stativa had it in bloom for two months and no bud growth talked about it with my local hydro store owner he said I should just cut it down and start over(didn't take his advice )wish I knew about gwe back then .took another month for the buds to show up and after that it went smooth pretty good shit for bag seed. after that I started buying seeds and away I went. I like to try to grow all different strains,now after this grow is finished I'm moving my tent to a new spot and building a new bloom room one big enough to be able to work on the girls without having to move them . my goal is to grow the best that I can with a mix of pain meds some for the day and some for the evening ,and to try all kinds of bud from all over the world
                new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

At 53 years of age I don't know as many friends as I once did who have weed for sale. Over the years I have dwindled down to one friend for my needs. At first things were good. Blue dream and misc strains at good $. Naturally things changed. Supply was alway some unknown cross or cas crop fast growing strains. Last four years same bud over and over. No flavor,smell racey high. Nausea, headache at time. Did help with my stress nor anxiety. It was like going to the only beverage place in town and buying the only crappy beer they sell and drinking the same beer you don't like for years, while there is a whole world of beers now, more than ever for the connoisseur. Life is to short, so I decided to fulfill a desire I always had that was on my bucket list anyway. It was time to become self sufficient and create my own sustainable resources. I began to research and educate myself as much as I can. Intrigued and excited I found GWE and was in love with a new passion in life. I have alway had a green thumb. Large vegetable/ fruit garden every year sowed from heirloom seeds, I already had a good foundation. It's a new exciting world for me. I have learned a lot thanks to GWE. I am about to harvest my first grow and should have a good healthy sustainable yield that has turned out better than I expected. Wow. Perpetually i am in third week of my second grow with a verity of strains that are good for me and to keep my taste buds happy. Now I'm in control of what I consume. Thank you GWE. 🍻
                  5.5x8.5x7. 600w mh/hps. 440fan/carbon filter.
                  FF soil/course perlite @25%. FF trio big bloom, grow, tiger bloom. PH w/ nutes@6.5.
                  Four Green Crack fem. 7 gallon fiber pots.
                  1 PKAF. 1 BCF. In 3 gallon fiber pots.
                  Sowed 3-27-17. 12/12 light 5-7-17.
                  Harvest PKAF 5-30-17 @ 43 grams
                  Harvest one of four GC 7-9-17. Weight at time unknown. Will follow.

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Exactly how so many of us feel.

• South Sierra Dude
                    South Sierra Dude commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We live parallel lives. This is my exact story save the green thumb part, though you'd never know looking at my garden. My garden, the first one, was injured and it yielded near a pound and a half. Taking care of another living thing was the beginning of my spiritual recovery. I'm on grow 3 and easy mode has set in.

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    South Sierra Dude "Taking care of another living thing was the beginning of my spiritual recovery." Perfect expression. Tending to cannabis is one of the most therapeutic things I do!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X