First Time Grower, First Time Shower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time Grower, First Time Shower

Hey everyone! I'm new to growing and would love some feedback on my progress so far. I just finished week 4 of flowering.

Here's what I'm using:
    - Apollo 600W MH/HPS Lights / Ballast / Reflector / 48”x48”x80” Tent
    - 2x General Hydro Waterfarm
    - General Hydro FloraSeries (I also use FloraBlend, Floralicious Plus, and CaliMagic at half the amount the bottle recommends)
    - 1x "Pineapple Express #2", 1x "Northern Lights"

- Reservoir gets topped up every day when lights go on with normal, pH'd water at 5.5-6.0

So far I've had zero issues, everything has gone extremely smoothly and I've given them a lot of attention to make sure issues don't pop up by being preemptive whenever I foresee a potential problem and that seems to be working well, but I'd love some feedback on what you guys think of my progress at this stage, and if anyone has any advice or tips for a total newbie.

Hey Highnoon Welcome looks like you have been doing a great job . Pretty plants. Keep staying on top of everything like you have been doing and you will get rewarded with some great bud. Nice job Highnoon
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

No no no no no... you're doing it ALL WRONG!!

I kid! Oh my god if my first grow ends up 1/4 as good as that I'll be over the moon!!! What do you figure, another month or so 'til harvest?
      My first grow

Comment

Thanks for the response, both of you! And I'm going to say 3 weeks for the one on the right and 4 weeks for the one on the left based on what I'm seeing so far. Aloner.

I have a magnifier to check the trichomes when they're closer to harvest which seems to be the most fool-proof method.

Comment

• berrypilot
          berrypilot commented
          Editing a comment
          🌱 The buds look great so far! They're still all white pistils, which in my experience means they're still getting bigger every day. They're already chunky and I bet you'll see a significant increase in size! Good show 🌱

From now on you get to watch em get fatter and fatter. Really a nice job , which plant is farther along Highnoon
        Cfls for a week or two
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks DAAS, I can't wait to see them fatten up!
          Pineapple Express is further along. Northern lights was stronger in veg, but after switching to flowering, Pineapple Express took off like a rocket.

It has an amazing, sweet smell. It actually does smell exactly like pineapples!

Comment

Beautiful plants!

Comment

Awesome job!
              The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
              Water Curing Experiment
              My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

Welcome to the forum, High!! Fantastic job!!!
                Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I may start updating this thread every couple days if that sounds like something you guys would be interested in?

Comment

• GanjaGed
                    GanjaGed commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I would!

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm waiting!!!

Week 6 starts tomorrow, here's a few updates with a couple close-ups of Northern Lights included this time (it's a bit behind Pineapple Express right now, it's looking like it'll definitely need an extra week of flowering.)

Comment

• Aloner
                    Aloner commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm showing these pics to my plants for inspiration!

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lovely, perfect buds, High, er, Noon... ;-}

Week 7 tomorrow!

Ran into some major issues when I moved them out of the tent to clean the reservoir; 90% of the stems fell over and were bending themselves off the edge of the reservoir due to the weight of the buds combined with the stress of being moved. Took me 3 hours and over 10 plant yo-yo's to get all of the buds properly supported and upright again. (luckily I had yo-yo's and plant ties ready in case something like this happened!)

So instead of taking them out and cleaning the reservoir again tomorrow, I'm going to simply top them up with 1/2 or 3/4 strength nutrient solution for week 7 and hope I'm close enough to harvest to not have any major issues from not cleaning out the reservoir these next few changes.

Any feedback on this issue would be great though, I'm definitely stumped as to the best way to move forward when it comes to nutrient changes since I can't move them at all anymore.

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Do you have any way to prop open your res. lid with a pole of the appropriate height? That's what I do. I have a pole that lets me life the lid about 15", I can get in there and wipe down the res.

Hey High Noon , Yeah like Alltatup said prop it up , Your plants are really coming along nicely, looks like they are swelling up to me. Good Job.
                  Cfls for a week or two
                  36x36x63 inch tent.
                  Smart pots
                  Molasses
                  Autoflowers

Comment

Half way into week 8, another update!

Leaves started shriveling and drying up at the top, I'm guessing due to being too close to the lights for too long (I've got the lights raised as high as they'll go), I turned the lights down to 50% and that seems to be helping. A few leaves in random places have fallen off also (mostly places not getting any light), but they both still have plenty of healthy leaves left.

I'm guessing they have less than a week to go at this point. Checking trichomes and pistils every day. Not going to harvest until I see most of the pistils retreat or until I'm seeing at least 25% amber trichomes.

Comment

• alltatup
                      alltatup commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sounds like everything is perfect as you near the end of flower. Really great job!

Man those plants look awesome, I hope my grow turns out half as good as this. Great work!
                    Current grow:
                    Strains: White Walker Kush Fem from DNA Genetics and Blue Afghan X Sour Diesel Fem from Stranger Seeds​​​

Medium: Kind Soil topped with Ocean Forest in 3.9gal autopots with a 12gal reservoir

Light: Horticulture Lighting Group HLG600H

Nutes: Plain PHd water

Area: 20in D x 36in W x 60in H Tent, 4" inline exhaust, 4" inline intake, and 6" circulation fan.

Methods: topping, LST, defoliation.

Germination: Dropped right in the soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X