male plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

male plants

I grow outdoor, some of my plants are showing sex a little bit early. I pulled 2 and 1 has female characteristics. that 1 also has 2 branches that have seed pods or pollen sacks. my question is 2 parts. if it were a hermi wouldn't the seed pods be on all or at least most branches. the 2nd part is if it isn't and just a pollinated female. if I let it grow will it pollinate the other females ?

I'm sure we can give you an answer but pictures always make it better You got pictures?
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

I just took pictures but you cant really see. I have buds with white hairs showing.... but on 1 node maybe 2 I can see seed pods. I have a feeling since it was so close to the other 2 males its just pollination. my main question is. is that the end if I killed the males or does a pollinated female have the ability to pollinate other females. I will keep an eye on it now that I know they are entering flower. I wouldn't mind a couple seeds for next year. but I'm only growing a hand full of plants so I want want as many buds as possible and I sure don't want to contaminate more plants. if in a day or 2 I see pods on more nodes I will pull it I don't really want any hermis around.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        A pollinated female produces seeds, not pollen.

Wht alltatup said above

Comment

that's what I thought, so if I don't see anymore pods on the plant I can assume a couple branches got pollinated and just let it grow I'm safe right? my worry is to the other plants.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          You're right. Someone else on the forum had this happen recently, and you'll still get a smokeable harvest from the plant that got pollinated. PROVIDED that it's a pollinated female and not a male.

Hello 408. Sorry I can't see your plant ,but if it's got pollen sacs your other plants are gonna have seeds , if it's just a few sacs you can try to pull them off , but you better keep a close eye on it . And if you ever see a nanner on one your already to late to stop it. Good Luck.
        Cfls for a week or two
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

408, This is a pic of a male that I recently pulled from my grow box. I'm growing Black Domina regular seeds, so I have been on the lookout since the beginning. I have this app on my iphone called SuperVision+ and I took the pic with that. I had this happen once before with one plant, so I knew what to look for, but I still went back to the GWE site and studied all the pics on male vs. female plants.

It's good to learn how to spot pollen sacs very early so you can avoid pollination (of course), but you have to use some kind of magnification to catch them real early.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Morning Alltatup, That sure is a great picture. I fixing to see if I can get that SuperVisionApp on my phone.
            Cfls for a week or two
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Afternoon, DAAS, yes, it's a great little app. It really comes in handy!

ok the nanner part is where I'm confused am I getting this right ? if I see a nanner that means the plant has been pollinated right ? now does that matter to the rest of my other plants ?

Comment

I know what male plants look like I have grown or attempted lol na not so bad for around 6 years. I pulled 2 males I'm just not sure why this 1 plant is showing male signs in only 1 spot
            the other 1 where obvious lots of sacks on all the nodes. I only see it in 1 place. it could be that its still to immature to tell yet. but I'm having a feeling my plants were close together and it just came from the other plant. if I know its male I will pull it. I'm keeping it all for myself so a couple seeds aren't the end of the world to me. I just want to figure out if I need to pull it before its too late.

Comment

Like i said 408 I don't know if you got a nanner or not I can't see your plant that good on my phone ,sometimes they show up early on the pollen sacs like you say you have ,sometimes they show up later in the bud ,but yes if you see one it's to late already has done pollinated the others if they were pretty close together , still it just means your gonna have some seeds , I've smoked pot plenty of times that had seeds.
              Cfls for a week or two
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

I see a couple more today and I see white hairs I assume its a hermi. as far as if there is a nanner its too late for the others even if they haven't started flowering yet ?

Comment

• Aloner
                  Aloner commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think the thing with nanners vs pollen sacs is if you see a pollen sac that hasn't burst yet, no pollen has been released. Nanners start producing and releasing pollen immediately. When you see a nanner your other plants haven't definitely been pollinated, but they very well could have been.

If they're not flowering, they won't be pollinated unless viable pollen remains when they do begin to flower.
                  Last edited by Aloner; 07-05-2017, 03:24 PM.

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cut that plant down immediately better to be safe than sorry.

ok I'm going to cut it down, generally speaking you don't see naners in the 1st few days of flowering right ?

Comment

ok I pulled the plant and put it in a bucket of water none of the other 5 plants are not showing sex yet. 1 is a female clone I purchased... would foliar spraying the leaves with water be a good idea as well or doesn't matter ??

Comment

You can see them early ,mostly later though , how many plants you got growing a bunch or 1 or 2 if a bunch I'd cut it like he said , if not I'd keep on growing it still just some seeds.
                    Cfls for a week or two
                    36x36x63 inch tent.
                    Smart pots
                    Molasses
                    Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X