Aquaponics System up Yo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aquaponics System up Yo!

Just started our cannibus, started without pots and just in big mesh pots in the clay pebbles from nicely germinated fledglings. Shot up 1" everyday. My partner kept one in soil to see the difference. They were planted same time and the growth was short in comparison. After we got to about 10" tall we stuck the potted one in the rocks and it shot up bigger than the others. So now he decided to put it in soil and stuck it in the rocks. His thinking was that constant flood and drain will over soak the soil so he's decided to do timers to only do one flood and drain a day. I'm not sure that would keep it growing as it initially did. What say you out there in the aquaponics cannibus world???

Hi surferrockergirl that looks great . I just started my 1st plant in a regular hydroponic pot and it growing great .
    It looks like you will have it worked out sorry I can't give any credible advice to you specific grow but I'm sure some people here will be able to help .
    Great looking set up I will be watching because I have a outdoor pond as well that I thought of trying the same thing so good luck
    Currently use 2 gal bubbleponics tank
    Using 150 Watt HPS
    Trying 300 watt LED
    General Hydro Nutes ,reg and organic
    Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

That is quite a setup!
      My first grow

Comment

🌱 Sooooo cool! So are you giving nutrients in addition, or pHing the water? Or are you just letting the fish do their thing and that's enough for the plants? I've always been in awe of people that do cannabis growing in aquaponics with fish. I'm too afraid to take the leap!

If you don't mind answering a few questions, how did you get started, and what do you plan to do with all the fish?

As far as flood and drain, I've only heard of people doing that with coco, not soil, but I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I feel like if you do it with soil, the regular flooding is going to wash away all the nutrients, so the plants will only get what's in the water, like in coco.

I do know that marijuana plants tend to grow really fast in flood and drain systems with coco, though, so hopefully it goes well for you, too! 🌱
        (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

Surfinrockergirl I haven't seen anymore posts from you on the grow . But just thinking about it the places I have seen doing this do not use any fertilizer because it goes thought the fish pond so just use the hydroponic grow medium and let the fish fertilizer work . I am going to set up a small one when I am able to in my fish pond which was an old hot tub but the fiberglass liner bubbled and can't use it so I turned it into a koi pond . I put in a bunch of different fish and a filter so it takes care of itself and have a small waterfall which keeps the water aerated and cooler . I put in a small 4" catfish a few years back when started and now everyone who sees it wants to eat the catfish because he is now at least 24" long . Good luck and hope to see your grow .
          Using 150 Watt HPS
          Trying 300 watt LED
          Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• berrypilot
            berrypilot commented
            Editing a comment
            🌱 That is the coolest thing I've ever seen anyone do with an old hot tub! Was it hard to set up and get the fish to stay alive? If you start an aquaponics grow I will be in the front seat! 🌱

Hey Berrypilot the hot tub was already there when I bought the house they had it sunk down about 24 inches so only about 10" is above deck .All I did was cap off the pipes at the pump and put in a pump for the waterfall . I got all the rock and waterfall at a local yard garden place and added a eBay pond filter and let the fish do their thing .
          Using 150 Watt HPS
          Trying 300 watt LED
          Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

Also having the pool I didn't use the hotub anyway so changed to a pond but I will try a outdoor grow next year start it in springtime I guess .Definatly too hot now but can't wait to try it out and plenty of fertilizer in the water and fish are plenty healthy .
            Using 150 Watt HPS
            Trying 300 watt LED
            Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

Here I a few pics of the fish in my pond that I will set up with hydroponic pot and no nutes just fish poo for that . I will just tee off the waterfall or put a very small pump to keep it full and probably a aerator for O2 .
              Using 150 Watt HPS
              Trying 300 watt LED
              Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

Looks like Surfingrockergirl has stopped posting they even deleted their video . I hope I didn't take over their forum and run them off .
                Last edited by MedMan; 07-12-2017, 02:07 PM.
                Using 150 Watt HPS
                Trying 300 watt LED
                Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X