No announcement yet.

250W Top-fed DWC aka Bubbleponic Grow Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Green, I started treating for calcium deficiency and it seems to have stopped the spots.

Otherwise guys, I have added a few steps, if anyone has any tip,or advice they are more than welcome.

I was also wondering when replenishing nutrients and water in your tank do you replenish hydroguard as well or do you only use the initial dose ?

Comment

I use a top off solution which is 1/4 the strength of the original reservoir nutrient strength. I always add hydroguard at full strength though, which is 2ml per gallon for most stages IIRC. Changed reservoir once a week in flower and every other week in veg.

Comment

• Ingwe
        Ingwe commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome man! Helps a lot, Thanks!

Royal Nugs Couldn't have said it better myself!

Comment

I was about to remove the smallest plant, but as I was trying to remove it I noticed it was a little to late for that, all the roots are tangled, this plant isn't going anywhere...
        In the process I snapped a few roots before realising I wasn't going to manage... I am very scared, I think I made a big mistake.. Now I have broken roots in my tank, is that going to be a big issue ? Decomposition etc...

Any thought on how I can fix that ?

Comment

An enzyme product will help break down dead root mass. It turns them into glucose I believe. I've used advanced nutrients sensizym, it works very well. Other popular enzymes are cannazyme and hygrozyme.

It may take several days/weeks for this to occur but as long as it's being actively broken down, you should be just fine. I'd recommend using the enzyme until final flush.
          Last edited by Royal Nugs; 11-20-2016, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Been a while since I last updated the post, so here it is.

Its difficult to see but I have some pretty long secondary branches growing from the 3rd and 4th node of some of my main branches..
            They are just shooting up to get light, no branching .. I should have removed them when they were little I guess, but what do you think, can or should I remove them, or is it too late ?

Comment

No picture.....

Comment

I think I can see em. But that's just me.

Comment

Sorry Royal did not add picture.
                  As mentioned in the first post, I will add picture only in the main post , not add them along as I post.

But you are right, this specific question requires specific pictures, here they are.

As you can see it is getting quite thick... From what it is recommended to remove growth at 3rd week if it get too hectic.
                  What are your thoughts on that ? Should I wait or should I start removing some leaves and branches to get more light through and focus more energy to the top ?
                  would removing those long branch cause too much stress to the plant ?

Thanks
                  Last edited by Ingwe; 12-09-2016, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Also, does anyone know by any chance what is the cause of this type of growth (growing alternate leaves instead of opposite, one growth per node instead of 2), is that genetic, stress, or else ?

Comment

Also does anyone knows the cause of this type of growth ?

You can see she is growing alternate leaves instead of opposite, their is only one growth per node... Genetic ? Stress ? Else ?

Comment

That's how they do after they grow and stretch...looks good

Comment

• Ingwe
                          Ingwe commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks Green

Hello everyone,

From now on I will simply post the update like the following, this will allow me to upload picture directly with GWE instead of hosting them on website. Easier and probably more secured.

This is day 16 of flowering. (Day 49 of grow)

Air Temp : D: 22-25°c(71-77) N: 20-21°c(68-70) I gave my A/C a good clean and it is now working like a bomb ! Keeps my room very cold even with cool tube hot air being blown inside the room
                        Tank Temp : 19-21°c(66-70) Easier to maintain tank temp, fans work way less, meaning less evaporation.
                        RH : 40-60%
                        pH : 5,8-6.2 I am quite lucky as my tap water comes out at a pH of 5.8-5.9, very acidic but I suspect it has a very low ppm. My plant do not seem to have any problem with the water. I rarely need to do any adjustment on the pH even at initial fill ups.
                        Nutes : 1tsp/gal, 1/2tsp/gal, 1 1/4tsp/gal, 35L Gave them a little more nutes than the schedule that I'm following.
                        Top-ups : 0-25% top ups
                        Lights : Seeing how my A/C kick ass I will be switching to 400W HPS in a few days.

Start of 3rd week and it seems they are slowly growing less and less, they were standing at 30cm(11.8in) the day of the switch and they are now 95cm(37.5in). They are doing so well, although due to my small grow space everything is packed and there is little light going down to the lower parts of the plant. I have already removed a lot of growth, but have now stopped for a few days and am planning to do a bigger defoliation at the end of this week.
                        Those beautiful white pistils are slowly showing up but still only a few.

I have added a picture of the third plant I started with but removed early in the grow as she was growing extremely slowly and I only intended to keep 1. I moved and planted her outside in soil. She has been growing very slowly but seemed healthy again.
                        Unfortunately she has been the victim of an EXTREME defoliation... This what is left of her... Poor girl...

Any recommendation or idea at that stage ? If anyone has any help to offer as to how far I need to go on my defoliation it would be greatly appreciated.
                        This is a subject mastered with experience, no book will teach you that 100%. I am just afraid I will hurt them too much... How far can I go, can I remove new shoots in the shade ? New branches ? Old branches not reaching light (10-20cm(4-8in) long ? This isn't really defoliation anymore but I am wondering. I read as much as I could find and understand we have a master here, I read as much as I could find and understand we have a master here,Green75 Thanks for all your info Green and everyone else ! But I understand you need to listen to your plant, what she says and wants, if anyone could help me understand that I'm not yet fluent in her tongue although I do understand she needs a trim.
                        Last edited by Ingwe; 12-12-2016, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Hi Ingwe

Glad you asked that question

Marijuana is so fast it amazes me daily

Lets say I watered my plant and the nutrients were to high in 15 minutes the tips will be burned if left it that way everyday will be more burned.

Or I broke a branch in 3 minutes or less it will be wilting and with tape you can save it.

Or over watering the pant will make it look weepy

I love pot I have fun watching it and if you do you'll catch your mistake and fix it

And I agree with you On our Mr Green75 if he didn't read his plant well he wouldn't be who he is.

Bubblehead
                          4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
                          4 Cures and a Life time gardener
                          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
                          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

Yes, she certainly looks like a haircut would be relieving. My suggestion would be to make this about you and your plant. Not what everyone tells you Make your grow an extension of yourself. As soon as you do that, I think they'll start talking to you. Don't 2nd guess yourself. Make an educated, well thought out plan and execute it without regret. Be confident that you know what you're doing and your plant will respond in kind.

Sounds like a buncha mumbo jumbo? Probably, but it will make you a better grower, IMO.

It looks like you've already lolipopped her a bit. I like to take the perspective of the light. I look down on my canopy and see what bud sites could be exposed by plucking. Maybe this will get you started on the right foot. Hope this helps!

Comment

• Royal Nugs
                              Royal Nugs commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thanks Karlee, but you have it wrong.... YOU are the best!

• Ingwe
                              Ingwe commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Royal I applaud you ! Not mumbo jumbo at all, actually makes perfect sense, your words set me to a direction, I've been doing pretty much that from the beginning and they seem to respond very well as you said, haha even the looking down on the canopy, I love just looking from above, moving leaves, exposing possible bud sites, contemplating. 
                              I will go have a sit down with her and see what she says. Will update on the matter soon.
                              Thank you for your wisdom

• Royal Nugs
                              Royal Nugs commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Beautifully said Ingwe!

Tell her Royal Nugs sent ya...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X