No announcement yet.

Can I b traced?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I don’t doubt that law enforcement in one form or other monitors sites like this, I don’t think that -- unless someone was to start openly boasting about their massive grow operation and distribution network -- any actual investigation would be opened. Especially here, since it’s pretty obvious that everyone, at least those who post, are “personal use only”.

An exception would be if someone posted readily identifiable location information about growing in a non-legal area -- say some small county in Arkansas -- and a local cop who just wanted to boost his stats (or a Jeff Sesh-type who belives “good people don’t use marijuana") saw it. I don’t see the Federales wasting time or money to bust up a 1-10 plant grow, especially one where it is legal locally -- they don’t want that fight in the courts just yet. Particularly if it’s a senior citizen growing for medical reasons (good luck spinning that in the media).

Just the number of subpoenas they would need to try to connect someone to an image uploaded to a site like imgur and an account here would be daunting considering the limited returns a successful prosecution would bring.

I’m not saying don’t be cautious, just that someone really worried about things like that shouldn’t create an account here in the first place.

Disclaimer:
    I am only on my first grow so I obviously don't know dick about shit.
    Last edited by Aloner; 07-01-2017, 05:52 AM.
    My first grow

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      man what a great dissclaimer, i agree guys, if they wanted to go after small time non profit growers they could just survey hydro stores and follow people home, or go raid amazon sales list for everyone that has bought fox farms soils hahaha very expensive to do with no return for them

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Got a good laugh..thanks

I agree with you there Aloner ,you better look out for them gung ho young law men. I don't think ,at least I hope that ass kissing AT ain't gonna be in there to long along with his boss when they get through with their investigations.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

for those worried about tracking heres a couple of tools i use to protect myself, the first one detects all the conections and you can block then easily, the second one screens for ads and stops websites from importing fonts

If you want an ad blocker for Firefox, Chrome, or Safari, uBlock is here. uBlock blocks all annoying pop-ups and ads. uBlock is more than just a pop up blocker, it also protects your privacy by blocking trackers. Download the uBlock ad blocker for free!

if you dont know about how tracking works better not to mess with the prefferences, youtube and website ads will dissapear too

this one forces all conections to use https when possible
      You no longer need HTTPS Everywhere to set HTTPS by default! Major browsers now offer native support for an HTTPS only mode. Learn how to turn it on.Read more about the sunset of HTTPS Everywhere.

this one stops all scrips from executing
      The NoScript Security Suite is Free Software protecting Firefox (on Android, too!), Chrome, Edge, Brave and other web browsers. Install NoScript now!

for those in iphone or ipad heres a safe alternative for safari
      Browse in Peace™ with the best, simplest, and fastest iOS ad blocker.

please read all about Electronic Frontier Fundation here

i am not advertising this, this is just what i use to protect myself. i know it all may seen a bit complicated but its really not, in a nutshell every site makes a bunch of different connections when you connect to it; it loads content, calls for fonts, images, advertiser adds, and most importantly some connections are just gathering information about you, about your computer, your web history, your location, the programs you use etc... this are called trackers and they're what online marketing "entities" (robots) use to know what to sell to you or how to improve someones websites or simply how people behave in general. all this information is crucial to the proper functioning of some sites but there could be malicious trackers "spying" on you, also some resources like fonts and flash, java, etc (scripts) could introduce malware to your computer.

like someone else said if you are not using a VPN (virtual private network) or using a tor browser (recommended) or even both then when you connect to a site the IP that logs into a website will match your computer's IP, so if anyone is spying and they get your IP all traffic logged in the internet with that adress will be linked to you, everything is logged everywhere so any "police" looking for you will only need to ask for the traffic under your IP address and not to GWE but the actual internet provider in your country/area.. even cellphone companies of course.

whats worrying about the pics is that they come with something called "metadata" witch is all the info relevant to the picture, GPS location, time, date, size, lighting and photo details, etc... thats why its important that GWE "scrub" this info so it wont carry your location around the internet.

i hope this helps ease your mind i am not an expert and this is the best i can explain what i understand about this, please do not forget that our right as HUMAN BEINGS of freedom of information is always at stake so we must take action to protect ourselves

If someone were after you, you wouldn't stand a change to hide unless you went of the grid (AFK), neither could i... very few people can actually hide from the system nowdays
      growers love guys keep that chin up

Comment

I just gotta give a big shout out to all that replied,thanks. thanks a lot for all the info and views. I luv my freedom and my privacy and I prefer no to the chance it. I've been growing since I was 15 that's over 53 years now and never been nailed. Not going to get caught now!!!!! I prefer to stay on the dark side till the politicos see the light.lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X