Curing problem: High Temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curing problem: High Temperature

I am holding my buds in a dark place that jar has 61-62 humidity.

It is easy to control humidity for me.

But temperature is 30-31 C right now. Can i create a system to drop temperature down. Is there any recipe for that like SpaceBucket.

room temperature water should be cooler than the actual room. Maybe you could let your sealed jars rest in some water, much like you would keep beer cool by letting it in the water when you fish, you catch my drift? It's just an idea, i've never heard anyone do it that way, never tested it.
    Inexperienced outdoor grower, near Switzerland. I have some theoretical knowledge and only a little bit of practice, hence take what I say with a grain of salt. Also I believe everyone has his own growing way.

Comment

Maybe a cooler with a sizeable re freezable plastic block that you could alternate every couple of day while its hot. For transparency I have never done this before! Just thinking ahead in case I may have this problem some time. Cool basement area. Or crazy idea, maybe under ground? I'd go with cooler with some water or ice block nearby in same cooler. Hmm
      5.5x8.5x7. 600w mh/hps. 440fan/carbon filter.
      FF soil/course perlite @25%. FF trio big bloom, grow, tiger bloom. PH w/ nutes@6.5.
      Four Green Crack fem. 7 gallon fiber pots.
      1 PKAF. 1 BCF. In 3 gallon fiber pots.
      Sowed 3-27-17. 12/12 light 5-7-17.
      Harvest PKAF 5-30-17 @ 43 grams
      Harvest one of four GC 7-9-17. Weight at time unknown. Will follow.

Comment

I would keep the water AWAY from the cure jars: that's just going to raise the humidity. And you also don't want the cure space to get too cold. If it's in the dark, I think the weed will be ok at that temp.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I tend to agree with alltatup if the humidity is good you should be fine.
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

It won't ruin your buds but surely the temps will be burning off some smells and potency?

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              I wouldn't worry about that. I've heard stories about weed cured in dark and quite warm places that was entirely smokeable. We gotta work with the environment we have, and think about people curing weed for thousands of years without AC...

• Minoo96
              Minoo96 commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool, its always a tensed moment when curing for the first (few) times, different environment. Don't want to spoil the fruit of labor. Thanks for that

Okay then i am always at perfect humidity. I am glad that temperature doesnt really matter that much.

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, temps do matter, but if you can't do anything about it, then why worry about it? When we talk about IDEAL temps for this and that, it's the IDEAL, but whether we can achieve the ideal or not depends on a lot of circumstances. I would not worry about curing my weed at 80 degrees...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X