Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BEST way to get rid of spidermites?

Hi,
    I just discovered I have spidermites all over my plants, as well as some bug that flies but I'm not sure what that one is. I read the spidermite page and the whitefly page, what's the most effective option? I'm in vegitation and plan to vegitate until it cools down a bit in november. My plants are very bushy so it might be hard to spray every leaf, but I'm doing the main-lining technique, do you think I should cut off all the leaves and top but leave just 2 fan leaves for each stem then treat those? each plant (I have 4) has 4 main stems right now and I'm trying to stretch them to touch my tomato hoops before I top them again to get 8 stems. I have no idea how I got spider mites, the grow tent is in my garage with a long silver tube with a dust filter at the end going to a vent infront of my driveway and about 15 feet away from my garden. All past spider mite victory stories are welcome! Thanks

Your treatment really depends on how you grow some people are all organic so pesticides and such are bad, personally I have pets so gotta think about them.

I never had them in my grow room garden, but in my outdoor tomatoes and the 2 grows I am trying have had them. I treated my soil with a light spray of Monterey Garden Insect Spray, then coated a layer of D.E. on top. Then sprayed down the plants foilage top and bottom with the Monterey Garden Insect Spray. After that I just constantly keep a light layer of D.E. on top of my soil and they have not come back. (Fingers Crossed)

Good Luck and hope this helps.
    My Last Grows:
    1. http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...n-forest-28-1g

2. http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...s-platinum-gsc

My Current Grow:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/member/2395-alphaphoenix

Comment

I recently had some spider mites in one of my plants outdoors. I killed that plant but I carried he spider mites inside my growroom. So one of my indoor plant got them. The species I got only stayed on the lower older leaves. Being a few day from harvest I did nothing but squishing them and when I harvested a few migrated to another plant. When I harvested that second plant they disappeared. I have another 6 plants in there but the spider mites don't seem to like them. Not a single one. I guess is very strain dependent thing too

Comment

Green cleaner works awesome.

Comment

I grow in a tent I had spider mites and it took a year worth of grows to get rid of them I ended up buying a new tent new systems etc cost me £2000 just be careful what you use on them because they become immune good luck mate

Comment

Ok, I think I'm going to order azmax and cut all her leaves and top her then scrub the remaining 8 fan leaves on each plant... I really hope this works, I'll coat the top layer of the coco coir too.

Comment

• Rick Sanchez
              Rick Sanchez commented
              Editing a comment
              azmax should come soon, I took off one of the really white leaves and looked under it and saw probubly 10 spider mites! theres also this very small white wormy thing I see, could this be a spider mite larva or something?

The most effective and the fastest way to kill them is to seal grow room for 24 hours and hang a hot shot no pest strip I got one at the home depot or order on line. Used one time never to b seen again. Take care no to breath in to much just turn on exaust fan befor entering grow room after the times up! Just my 2 cents
            Last edited by Potted; 06-27-2017, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Rick Sanchez
              Rick Sanchez commented
              Editing a comment
              I already ordered the azmax but this looks good too, ill order some of these (as I think I got one other kind of bug then spider mite, it's like a tiny white worm under the leaves and some bug that I sometimes see flying around the room). Just hang it, remove venting and seal the vent holes leave for 24 hours and they're all dead? I think I'll hang 2 outside the tent in the garage as well because that's probubly where they came from. Is this treatment safe for the plants? Will it kill eggs? It gets REALLY hot in my garage (where the grow room is) and I know that they like the heat, unventing it in there will just make it hotter, will I have to use this vapor thing on more then one occasion and can they get immune to it?

No the vapors will kill most if not all bugs,just don't use when in flower or it could do the same to U ! I have tracked them into my own room on my shoes learned to change shoes before entering.
            Last edited by Potted; 07-02-2017, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Rick Sanchez
              Rick Sanchez commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow, I never knew it was THAT easy to get infected! I'll be sure to be more careful as I work on my outdoor pepper/vegtable garden a lot. I hung the strips last night and noticed my LED light has 2 fans on the back to keep it cool that I can't disable and I'm worried if I turn off the LED light for a day or two (how long they'll be sealed up with the strips) it'll start flowering so I just left it on, so hopefully the vapor kills them and spreads in the 6 hour dark period when the lights/fans are off. They aren't very strong fans and I turned off the exhaust fan that pulls in fresh air as well as the two clip fans I use for air flow. I'm going to leave the strips in the room for 2 days straight and then take them out, if I still see spider mites a week later I'll try the azmax I bought. Thanks for the responses!

🌱 Luckily you caught it in veg! You can use a lot of different pesticides more liberally in the vegetative stage, but you have to be a lot more careful once the plant starts flowering because you don't want to get anything on the buds! 🌱
            (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

• Rick Sanchez
              Rick Sanchez commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree, this could have been much worse! I just put up no pest strips last night, 2 in my garage and 1 in the grow room and I'm going to leave it like that for 2 days straight and hope they solve my problem.

• berrypilot
              berrypilot commented
              Editing a comment
              🌱 Let us know if it works! 🌱

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X