Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AlphaPhoenix's Grow Journal - LED Grow Light - Soil (Fox Farm Ocean Forest) - 28.1g

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AlphaPhoenix's Grow Journal - LED Grow Light - Soil (Fox Farm Ocean Forest) - 28.1g

~~~~

Strain - Girl Scout Cookies

Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil + Fox Farms Nutrient Trio + CalMag

Grow Lights used for Veg = 1x VINTAGE High Yield 12w LED + 1000w LED Panel
    Grow Lights used for Flower = 1000w LED Panel

Start Date - Feb 18 2017 Seedling
    Harvest Date - June 8 2017

Final Yield - 28.10g

~~~~

So this is my first grow and I am using 2 VINTAGE High Yield 12w LED Full spectrum lights, Fox Farms Soil and Nutrients, a 36 x 36 x 60 grow tent with reflective siding. Everything seems to be going good from what I can tell. Does anyone have any suggestions for me and also has anyone gone from seed to flower with these kind of lights, I'm looking into getting a 300w LED panel but don't want to buy it if I can make it with these lights.
    Setup in room
    Last edited by NebulaHaze; 06-20-2017, 02:30 AM. Reason: Added growing details
    My Current Grow:
    2x Platinum Girl Scout Cookies (Fem / Non-Auto)
    × Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil
    × Fox Farms Trio Nutrients + CalMag
    × 1000 Watt LED Panel (Used for primary source of light in Vegetative state and Blooming)
    × 2 - 12 Watt LED "Vintage - High Yield" Bulbs (Used for additional light in Vegetative state)
    × 1 18" T5 Grow Light (Used for additional light as seedling)

If you want to be successful you're going to want better light. I messed around with led panels and ended up going with cob and cmh or lec315 lights. These lights take no prisoners!😊
    Team AutoMechanics

Comment

What strain, type and age is your plant?

I agree you will need more light-

Personally, I wouldn't try and flower any individual plant with less than 200W LED or 105W draw.

So the 300w LED would be fine (for 1-2 plants)- but realize it will only cover 1/2 of your tent @ flower distance and 2/3 @ veg distance.
      Roots Organic Original (amended) - Tents (16"x16"x48"), (20"x36"x63") and ( 2'x4'x6'), space bucket and window sill.LED's, Marshydro300w, Reflector series 48 & 96-150w UFOs

grow journals-
      #1, http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...oe-og-kush-50g

#2, http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ck-herer-28-4g

#3, http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

Comment

It is Girl Scout Cookies, but no other info since it came from my stash, so I can't be sure if it's auto-fem. These pics are at Day 16 which was yesterday.
        My Current Grow:
        × 1000 Watt LED Panel (Used for primary source of light in Vegetative state and Blooming)
        × 2 - 12 Watt LED "Vintage - High Yield" Bulbs (Used for additional light in Vegetative state)

Comment

• Weed Pharma
          Weed Pharma commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool- that means you have time to get them under more light!

So I got really lucky enough to get a 1000w LED Panel but now I have heat issues. Going to keep using the little lights until I can figure out a good way to cool the grow room.

Great news though the plant almost doubled in leaves overnight enough that I had to adjust my lights up 1 inch to maintain that 18 inch distance.
        My Current Grow:

Comment

• StoneyTony
          StoneyTony commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you have an exhaust fan set up in there? That would help with the heat, and/or maybe a taller tent since you're using a 1000w panel.

"Great news though the plant almost doubled in leaves overnight enough that I had to adjust my lights up 1 inch to maintain that 18 inch distance."

Same here during veg phase. Ended up moving the lights up quite a few times.

Comment

Got my temp under control by setting up some exhaust fans in the preset vents. With this new light In going to start some more seedlings. Here is an updated pic.
          My Current Grow:

Comment

• StoneyTony
            StoneyTony commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice fat indica leaves. Looking good man.

Update - Day 24
          She is doing very well. Seems to drop slightly after watering. Anyone think I should consider transplanting to a bigger pot? Suggestions welcome.
          My Current Grow:

Comment

So I noticed this brown spotting today. Maybe Nitrogen deficiency??? HELP please.
            My Current Grow:

Comment

Help please (see previous post)
              My Current Grow:

Comment

Yes, get her into a bigger pot, perhaps add a little perlite to the soil mix and see how the new growth looks.

If all your leaf spotting is on the lower leaves and the rest of the plant looks fine- nothing to worry about.
                It would be a good idea to check the pH after transplant.
                Roots Organic Original (amended) - Tents (16"x16"x48"), (20"x36"x63") and ( 2'x4'x6'), space bucket and window sill.LED's, Marshydro300w, Reflector series 48 & 96-150w UFOs

grow journals-
                #1, http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...oe-og-kush-50g

#2, http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ck-herer-28-4g

#3, http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

Comment

Give her way more light. Look at cheap leds on ebay or amazon 1000w or 1200w. I love the bestva 1000w true wattage is 200w and the cost is about 140bucks

Comment

Got her under a 1000w LED Panel and after flushing her got the soil Ph to 6.0. Waiting for the soil to dry a little more before transplanting to a bigger pot.

This is her at Day 30. She's doing great and I can see pistils in the new growth. I'll keep posting updates until harvest.
                    My Current Grow:

Comment

• StoneyTony
                      StoneyTony commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You're moving in the right direction. Keep it up and you'll finish strong

Plant looks healthy.

Comment

The transplant made a big difference. She is very happy and has a lot of new growth. This is her at Day 33 of Veg. I'm thinking maybe 7-10 more days before switching to flowering. Excited to see her bloom.

NebulaHaze - Those brown spots are long gone. Definitely was a Ph imbalance and a little bit of rootbound starting. Thanks again for all your help.
                      My Current Grow:

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X