dont know what went wrong- outdoor grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL dont know what went wrong- outdoor grow

everything was going great I'm growing in a mix of fox farms ocean forest, steer manure peat moss and perlite. I been using fox farms grow and big bloom. It started on my medusa strain with dark brown spots and a dark stem. I self diagnosed as a phosphorus deficiency and I added raw phosphorus my npk some of the infected leaves dried out and died, now I am seeing what up see in these pics. I'm not sure if it is the same thing as I do not see the purple stalk. we had a heat spell last weak so I'm not sure if this helped create the problem. also I try not to over water but I may have the last couple weeks as it has been hot in cali.

Hi,
    You linked the imgur website, not the picture uploaded! Haha
    Can't help without a description of the problem/picture, sorry.
    Inexperienced outdoor grower, near Switzerland. I have some theoretical knowledge and only a little bit of practice, hence take what I say with a grain of salt. Also I believe everyone has his own growing way.

Comment

Could be pH issues -- are you measuring your pH?
      My first grow

Comment

I am checking and lowering my ph as it is really high here. have not tested the soil. this is a pic of the stalk on the medusa do you think it might be the soil ph is too high ? I don't see any pest on the plant but I see a leaf or 2 eating or a tiny hole here and there. any advice appreciated. P.S. I am only growing for my own medicating of course I want to grow the best I can but its not like I'm not going to smoke it if its not the absolute best. I just want to maximize harvest and grow as healthy plants as possible. I also realize growing several strains at a time is a challenge since they all have different needs.
        Last edited by 408chilli; 06-25-2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          I suggested pH because I had similar spotting early in my grow, before I was adjusting the pH. I'm growing in soil but no added nutes (because Kind Soil), so I can't speak to that part. Could potentially be the soil pH... Oh! Are you checking pH after you add your nutes? Because that can definitely make a difference.

one more note. I am using hose water filling a 5 gallon bucket and letting it sit to get the chlorine out. I have no way of filtering large amounts of water any other way could this have something to do with it also. should I lighten up on the nutes for a while ?

Comment

I'm sorry, once again I cannot see the picture. Maybe it's a problem on my side, if others could confirm...
          Growing several strain is not such a big deal, as long as they are mainly indica or mainly sativa... If you have one sativa and one indica, there'll be differences. The big differences come when you grow both auto and photos.
          Hose water, from the city? Normaly letting it sit overnight should do the trick (Not sure, I use well water, but everyone else do like that and they don't have problems).
          Its a seedling? You're using nutes? And you're in soil, not in coco? Then you shouldn't give it nutes yet, unless it has at least 3 nodes I'd say. Don't give nutes if she don't ask ^^ (or something like that, its up to you to decide when to give nutes, but not too early, seedling don't handle that well)

Im a new grower, take this advices with a grain of salt!
          Inexperienced outdoor grower, near Switzerland. I have some theoretical knowledge and only a little bit of practice, hence take what I say with a grain of salt. Also I believe everyone has his own growing way.

Comment

• Aloner
            Aloner commented
            Editing a comment
            picture 1
            pictures 2+3 (scroll down)

• Minoo96
            Minoo96 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, Aloner. Its not a seedling, I was wrong in assuming that.

So the main deal are the leafs burning, and the stalk being purple.
            Purple stalk, I read once somewhere it wasn't obviously bad. Leaf burning could be because water splashed on them? If you water when its sunny. Anyway, I'm not experienced enough, I haven't met this problem yet. But i'll be interested in the solution
            Wait for someone with more experience than me

ive been growing off and on for 6 years. they look great other wise I am going to water with water only for a while and see how it goes maybe theres just too much nitrogen I didn't suspect that to be the case because I don see curling or the tips being burnt but maybe its just too much. thanks for your input all info helps.

Comment

🌱 Have you been checking the pH? That's the most common reason for nutrient deficiencies. What's your growing medium (soil or coco)? If in soil your pH should be 6-7 to avoid deficiencies, and in coco it should be 5.5-6.5. Are you giving nutrients? Did anything different happen right before you started seeing the problem? 🌱
            (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X