First grow, also Hello.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow, also Hello.

Hey all Starting out on my first-ish grow. Back in January I was gifted a couple of Skywalker OG clones, but I was far from prepared for taking care of them. I did a bunch of last minute shopping to get myself set up. From those I managed to get some good clones to sprout. This thread will follow their progress. Would love to hear comments and suggestions.

Skywalker OG - (Origins Unknown)
    5 Gal DWC
    3 or 5" Net pots
    Advanced Nutrients
    -Piranha
    -B-52
    -Sensi Grow A+B
    2'x4' tent
    1 KIND 450w
    1 BestVA 600W
    Not sure what other info might be needed.
    Attached Files

*Recap* Back on the 25th of March I took a clipping from one of my soil based clones, split the base of the clipping and put it into my smart water terrarium. The base bottle has a water stone and air hose near the bottom. It took about 2 weeks before the roots would start to show, but once they did they grew like crazy. A week or two after the roots first showed up I transferred the new clone to its own net pot and bucket. My only problem at this point was that I had only 1 tent and the two soil based clones in flower occupying it.
    I set up one pf my closets with some flood lights that I had initially used with the soil plants. Even with the crappy lights she grew like crazy, developing a killer root system.
    Last edited by Vorew; 06-25-2017, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the forum, Vorew!! Looking forward to watching your grows progress!

• GanjaGed
      GanjaGed commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome!

Looking good

I feel your pain about only one tent and having to go back to the closet set up to start the new grow, lol. But it is amazing what can be done with a couple of floodlights

🌱 Love those roots! 🌱
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

hey Vorew welcome love that cloner you have. in the first picture it looks like your girls are reaching for the lights how far away are those LED's . Otherwise they look great
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Vorew
        Vorew commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah the ladies were reaching up a lot because I hadn't thought about the need for a second tent for baby clones and young veging plants, and ended up doing a cheap closet setup to keep them alive before I harvested my soil based plants. I've got a second tent now so hopefully I can put an end to the reaching.

Thanks for the welcome! I was waiting for some new netting to show up so I hadn't started the plants training when those pics were taken. The lights are about 36" away from the top of the tall lady. My netting finally came in yesterday so I've started to spread out the branches. On my smaller lady I've just taken some hemp twine and taped each of the branches down to the top of the net pot.

Comment

*Recap* Right around the same time that the root picture was taken I decided to take a clipping for another clone, followed the same routine as my original cutting and right at two weeks later I had more roots popping out again. Another 2 weeks of growth and the plants are where you see them in my initial post.
        Last edited by Vorew; 06-25-2017, 04:45 PM.

Comment

🌱 Some of the nicest looking clone roots I've seen They seem so sturdy already!🌱
          (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I have also grown with leds and I grow with 1200w 1000w 600w there true watts are 350,200,100. When working with leds u gotta find out the true watts that's what matters also all my leds were kept 10inchs away in veg and 6inchs away in flower 24/0lights with autos. Your plants are looking very gd no defs so that's always gd lol

Comment

Thanks for all of the welcomes! Ok it's been two weeks since my initial post so I figure that it's time for an update. Just before July I finally received a second smaller tent to use for clones and young plants. I put together a 4 bottle clone pod (Pic 1) with some clippings from a damaged part of one of my larger plants. I initially thought that it would be an ok idea to pop the smaller of my two plants into the tent with the new clones, but it didn't seem to do well in there after about 5 days the plant was drooping (Pic 2). I ended up putting the smaller plant back into the main tent and over the last week I've gone through and spread out all of the branches (Pics 3-6).

Comment

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  beautiful training!

Hello Vorew , Welcome, good job and good luck with your plants ,nice looking training.
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

• Vorew
                  Vorew commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks D.A.A.S. !

Ok so I took a few weeks away from the internet so I figure it's time for an update. The ladies have both been growing strong, well up until the 23rd when I did a water change and light cycle change. I noticed what looks to be the start of some nut burn. I changed the water yesterday and just adjusted the ph, I figure I'll get back on teh nuts next week with the water change. Figuring out the right amount on nuts to add is proving to be the biggest learning curve so far. On the bright side If you look close at the first two pictures you'll see baby buds starting to show. I'm pretty stoked about that =)

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They look great Vorew! Nutes: I have learned to use waaaaaaay less than what the nute bottle recommends. I'm usually below 50% of what they recommend.

Whew, water changes seem to take forever some days... So I just got done changing my water or the week and figured it would be a good time for an update. My little ladies are looking more and more beautiful by the day. Week 3 of flower and I'm super jazzed already! Anyways Here's some pics! What do y'all think??

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think I see a ton o buds!!! They look great!

Looking very good.
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X