Plant attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant attack

I have 4 ,3 week old Northern lights in soil inside using a grow tent. Noticed one plant had been chewed on from the middle of 3 leaves while during lights out only. Used microscope but could not locate the culprit on top or under any of the leaves. Looked under your plant problem section and found nothing resembling the damage. Next time lights out brought damage to the ends of leaves on all plants. HELP don't know what to use.

Do you happen to have some pictures? I personally cant help much as im new, but it would aid in solving the problem quickly!

Comment

After doing more research I believe it's Aphids which I'm using Dermoticous earth and neem oil to combat infestation. I know the D word is spelled wrong. Also waiting on some Monterey Garden Insect spray with Spinosad and a mister which will be here Sunday. #Alwayscleantent after grow lol.

Comment

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm dealing with an aphid issue right now (moreso on nearby plants but some decided to make the switch to cannabis). I'm pretty sure they don't chew on the leaves, they just suck sap out of the stems. If your leaves have bites out of them, it ain't aphids. Fortunately both the neem oil and diatomaceous earth work on a lot of different bugs so you should be in good shape regardless. Good luck!

🌱 Can you post pictures? I feel like I've seen so many bugs in the garden on the various plants, maybe we can help figure out what it is! 🌱
      (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

Alone and berrypilot sorry about not getting back to you sooner. I used sm-90 in addition to the D earth and problem solved. These microscopic critters seen barely through a jewelers loop were black in color. I found circular entry points on the underside of leaves. After disturbing them with light several would crawl out of hole and disappear just as fast. 1 week old plant had a spot on the main stem where they were busy chomping on the stem nearly killing it. After a couple applications of sm-90 and neem oil w/ D. Earth whiich I'm still using in the soil for precautions no signs of critters. The damaged stem healed and went on to produce after loosing 3 nodes of growth. Just about to put in flower, probably next week a couple weeks late but still in the game lol. These are Northern lights which grow slow anyway, and the 1 with stem damage is a bag seed all are regular seeds so I'm anxious to see how many out of 5 are girls. Any ideas of what critters might of been will be appreciated. Thanks again.

Comment

• berrypilot
          berrypilot commented
          Editing a comment
          🌱 That is great, glad to hear it! 🌱

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X