Another lesson learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another lesson learned

Well, we got dumped on yesterday. Like 5+ inches of rain within 9 hours. My grow is in the same room as my sump pump (the only part of our basement that isn't finished), and when I went down there to check them out this morning there was a little bit of water on the floor. Thankfully I had the foresight to raise all the wires off the ground during the initial setup, but I did not raise the tent off the ground. There was a little bit of water under the tent (really not much at all, but any water on the floor is not good obviously, especially directly under my tent!), So I had to take my totes out of the tent and I put a plastic folding table underneath. All is well now and I'm glad I didn't lose power during the night. We normally don't get that much rain here at one time, that was a freak storm that passed through.

So the moral of the story is....

Keep your tent lifted off the ground! You never know when you will get some unwanted water in your grow space.

Good news is that the humidity went up in there a little bit, and one of my seeds is so close to the top of the rapid rooter that I should see a sproutling by the time I get home from work today! Beyond excited for that moment!
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Not only keep the tent above ground, but picture your grow space under different conditions. What would happen if a storm come? What would happen if a drought came? What would happen if it was snowing? What would happen if your cat/dog was locked in the room by mistake (a bit far fetched this one lol). And even like that, its near impossible to plan everything... There'll always be something you overlooked...
    Inexperienced outdoor grower, near Switzerland. I have some theoretical knowledge and only a little bit of practice, hence take what I say with a grain of salt. Also I believe everyone has his own growing way.

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely agree with you (except for the pet part lol, they aren't allowed down there, but I see your point😂). I am now a little more prepared than I was before

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X