Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know you are excited- but please try and refrain from posting without transparency.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know you are excited- but please try and refrain from posting without transparency.

I have seen a pattern surface over the last several months.
    We are all here to try and sift through all the "internet wisdom" and find/exchange the PROVEN gems (like GWE) to better our grow style (whatever your's may be).

It starts with a newbie posting a question about new grows or worse- a grow in trouble.

Some of the more seasoned growers will offer a no-nonsense proven answer/solution to the problem at hand.

Now the newbie has read from the internet and along comes some advise from another and it sounds familiar, and they provide so much information (quanity is not quality here) they must be good at growing or at least dazzling you with BS.

We are more likely to go along/agree with someone who reinforces our currently held beliefs- even if it is not working or dead wrong.
    The OP feels like they are on track- as the "expert from a far" even agrees with him, so he aligns with them.

If the information was correct- no harm no fail-, but all to often, the grow worsens and goes bad-beyond repair- even though the correct info was in his post all the time.

HERE is were it gets frustrating:

Not long after, the one willing to give advise to the newbie, is on GWE asking for advise - for their FIRST grow - WTF !

People-please refrain from a "copy n paste" answer without a disclaimer of your limited- to- NO experience in successful grows and the OP's topic.

It is perfectly fine to mention and add a link - if you do not have direct knowledge of it's effectiveness.

Either use a disclaimer or specify your lack of direct hands-on experience of the topic-

It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Damn, what did I do now?!

I'm new but pretty well researched and offer my opinion of a situation, but I do always try to quantify that it's my opinion, or understanding of the situation and if I have experience or not in that area.

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
    Water Curing Experiment
    My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

It does make me feel targeted as a new grower, trying to help others. But then again, I try to precise that I'm inexperienced, I just read a lot, theory is not equal to practical!
      So all in all, I agree with you.

Then again, this problem of "We are more likely to go along/agree with someone who reinforces our currently held beliefs- even if it is not working or dead wrong." is not something you can solve easily, people will do whatever they want, whatever they feel, even if infos don't concur. Its only through mistake, trial and errors that they/I will learn.

I added a signature to my posts, stating I'm inexperienced, but also that I believe everyone has his own way of growing... As in, even if i'm convinced this person is wrong, I don't feel like telling her "Don't do that!" more like "You shouldn't, because...". It boils down to an expression that is very profound and true, you cannot help someone who doesnt want your help. If he don't want to hear that he has to measure pH every time for instance, he will not listen. If he believe he should do something else and someone comes along reinforcing his belief, let him go, let him do what he want. He will learn eventually the right way for him to grow.
      Inexperienced outdoor grower, near Switzerland. I have some theoretical knowledge and only a little bit of practice, hence take what I say with a grain of salt. Also I believe everyone has his own growing way.

Comment

This is why I dont post qrustions any more. That and the folks folks that try to police the forum.
        SSD

Comment

• Minoo96
          Minoo96 commented
          Editing a comment
          What do you mean? You don't post questions anymore because some newbie (like me uh) gives you false infos? Or because you feel people will mock you?

I agree with pretty much everything above, I'm 66 years old and have grown pot all my life, except the 18 months I was in Nam. but that don't make me no pro ,nor do I claim to be a pro ,but all my growing has been outdoors and there is a big ,big difference between outdoors an indoors where you can watch the plants respond to your every move. This grow I'm doing right now is my first indoors and I'll be honest I felt lost the first week or two had it not been for reading GWE and some good folks on the forum. I try to help when I can an don't mind a bit if it's something I know about ,if I don't know about it I keep my mouth shut an listen to what everyone else says. I don't know nothing about posting pictures an the technical stuff except what Jeg an OzBud helped me with and I'm proud of the help I got. But I do know when to tell when a bud is ripe the way I like them anyway. But as far as trying to help a new grower what gives me a case of the red ass is when they don't even say thank you or f-ck you , they should at least respond. Hope i ain't made nobody mad.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Hell yeah it's on Jeg. Is it still raining there ? We had a tropical depression here for a while , still raining here.
          Cfls for a week or two
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

i agree.. i just had the same problem with a "very experienced" (according to him) user claiming to have had all kinds of hermaphrodites before but had not a single pic to show for, and that didnt stop him from discrediting the picture i took and provided for the question, he said a lot of stuff thats not true and its only going to make it more confusing for the newbie to figure his problem out. i asked you guys to come forward and say something, im pretty sure someone saw it. think we need to come forward when you see someone talking shit or claiming things that aren't true, i don't see it as policing the site (i don't even know what you mean by that) but we used to have nebula's "final word" that would clarify thing and everybody would settle, that's not the case anymore, nebula is working on the technical side of the forum so either we start taking care of this place or the loudest rudest and most ignorant people are going to rule the site... i dont know about everybody but im here to help other people and most importantly for the principle of freedom of information, a safe place to talk and share, and nothing is really stopping me or anyone else from leaving the site, like many have done, im sure you guys pharma and sierra have seen like me many "newbies and experts" come and go from the site, i care about you guys, like most of you all do, that the good thing here that love and understanding. my point is work together as a community to manage this situations and have patience, there's always going to be people with big egos claiming they're master growers or coming here making "tutorials" haha. pople find this site when they dont know something, this is not experts.knowing.everything.com

Comment

• Minoo96
              Minoo96 commented
              Editing a comment
              Where? Which topic. Imma join the fight! Lol I'm kidding. But I hate people who are aggressively saying they are right. That too without proof? Pffff.

• growdc
              growdc commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe I was that newbie!! Thanks guys for sorting that out! He/she was pretty obnoxious. I'm just glad it got taken care of and I don't have to find yet another war zone forum!

9fingers your right , gotta say something to those kind , or these sure enough first time growers who really want to learn how to grow won't know who to believe. P.S. I do remember the hermaphrodite guy ,
            Cfls for a week or two
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't worry guys it comes to the same "don't post if you don't know for sure" but someone else does know and that's who needs to reply. Like I said to mino. It's not only us members here. A thousand guest a day are surfing te forum looking for answers and they will get confused if we can't even work together to clarify things they won't feel like it's worth to join the community

• Minoo96
              Minoo96 commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree its confusing, but i disagree with the feeling of not joining. They will join to post the same question again and get more precision. That's what I would do, that's what I did actually haha. New grower should know that everyone has their growing style, just by having different conditions of growing... So don't feel bad, don't attack me, but whatever I read I keep in a corner of my mind and then when i see it, I believe it. I don't take for granted everything that some random dude said I guess/hope the other new growers are the same! otherwise...

As soon as this forum stopped being 20 hippies waiting for green and nebula to come on I stopped participating. The seriousness with which all you all take yourself is funny. Dont post unless and I know the most and its a community. Its the interwebs peeps. This place used to be a cool place to hang out get stoned and talk shit. Lighten up.
            SSD

Comment

• OzBud
              OzBud commented
              Editing a comment
              i'm liking the forum less and less each week. Even Nebula has only made 4 posts in the last 19 days.

• OzBud
              OzBud commented
              Editing a comment
              It's nobody's fault Jeg, just not feeling the vibe anymore for some reason.

• GanjaGed
              GanjaGed commented
              Editing a comment
              No Oz, you stay!

If I skip my meds and do the shaky shake and mumbly mouth will you at least stay for the entertainment?

Whatever it takes!

Originally posted by D.A.A.S.69 View Post
            Hope i ain't made nobody mad.

The Ganja Ged Thread
            Water Curing Experiment
            My E&F System

Comment

• Aloner
              Aloner commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh boy, NOW you've done it DAAS!

what do you do if you see a space man???
            you park in it maaaan...

Comment

Can't pass up a Byrds segue!

The Ganja Ged Thread
              Water Curing Experiment
              My E&F System

Comment

I love Roger an the Byrds ,GG but what the f-ck is a segue ?
                Cfls for a week or two
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

• GanjaGed
                  GanjaGed commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I took a silly joke and moved to a silly song where the topics make sense, Spacemen

Define segue: proceed to what follows without pause —used as a direction in music — segue in a sentence

The Ganja Ged Thread
                Water Curing Experiment
                My E&F System

Comment

Good song.
                  Cfls for a week or two
                  36x36x63 inch tent.
                  Smart pots
                  Molasses
                  Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X