Grinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grinders

Well this is not a growing topic but grinders I want an awsome Grinder what do u like to use is it manual. I would like some pics if u guys can. The reason is I want to build 1. Take all the awsome things ppl like in a grinder an make 1 for myself. I have some cool things I have made like a pinch tray so after u grind u tap out into a machined aluminum tray the makes the weed fall into a slot molded to my fingers to pinch it out with ease.
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Are all grinders the same or is there a certain kind that's better than others? I've never had one, I don't think they existed back when I used to smoke. I'd

Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
    600W HPS
    Coco
    GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
    Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• abadtrip
      abadtrip commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks that's an awsome herb grinder might have to get 1 to check it out

In my experience, grinders should be simple contraptions. I tried many. As I understood it earlier there was three kind of "tooth" for grinder, with different quality of grinding. (now though there are more type of tooth, I just ordered one that had one of those new type, I'm not very pleased with it... yet -haven't tried it properly, only on sugar leafs-)
    First is nail, then spikes (shark tooth I think its called) and my fav is the diamond shape. It grinds very nicely, effortlessly (should be careful not to overdo it if the grinder is packed full, it might grind some into dust) and in a few turn it gives the perfect size. Metal in my opinion is the best. I like to have it magnetized so that the top and main body attract each other (most do that now, isnt it...).
    I don't like the 4th level, kief collector. Find it pretty much useless, adds to the weight and size of the grinder.

But that new grinder I bought, you can remove the kief screen, hence turning it into a 3 part grinder.
    Here's a pic, see the tooth: http://imgur.com/a/LN6FF
    I should try with proper buds to tell if those are satisfying or not.
    Inexperienced outdoor grower, near Switzerland. I have some theoretical knowledge and only a little bit of practice, hence take what I say with a grain of salt. Also I believe everyone has his own growing way.

Comment

• Minoo96
      Minoo96 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah I forgot to add the little "grooves" on the top and bottom part, to grip it better... I started to hate the round shape, fingers slips! (I tried those with a crank to turn, eventually something break, especially if you keep too much stash in it, and the crank turn without crushing.)

I use a space case. It's 2 piece, without a screen. Basic but effective. Uniform consistency and they last. I don't have it with me to post a picture but I'll try to post one when I get home if anyone is interested.
    Not the least expensive I've seen, but I've often noticed that I get what I pay for.

I dig the idea of machining your own. Good luck with your project.
    Last edited by Californiakid; 06-20-2017, 03:38 PM.
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

abadtrip , my germination and cloning skills suck...... but I am picky about my grinders.... tried a few, and I can tell you what I personally like.

Of all, the best I've used is the SPACE CASE.

I've tried the Kannastor which people swear by:

Also my first grinder was a Zip Grinder:

And these are just the ones I ordered on Amazon.

This I bought from the dispensary, also available on Amazon - the SLX grinder

And a few other cheapos here and there. The ones I listed above were my most expensive purchases.

Thoughts:

Number 1 complaint of all grinders is after grinding herb for a while, the grinding becomes really difficult because the pieces get stuck from all the resin of the flower. EVEN THE NON-STICK. If I had to tell anyone what NOT to get is the damn non-stick one. It really sucks. It says non stick but still sticks, and the worse part of it is that you probably can only grind not even 1 gram of flower at a time because the holder is built so weird that once you open it up to get your ground up herb, it all falls out everywhere. I would take a picture and show you, but I threw that damn thing away.

I like Kannastor because of it's size and you can see your weed through the clear holder. But again, not only it gets sticky and stuck, the grip to grind wears down too. And the holes are not uniform on the Kannaster. Maybe some people like that?

I find the cheaper the grinder, it kinda tends to really crush your herb up almost to powder, or if you have a real resinous flower, to lumpy globs.

The only one that if you clean properly every few months by soaking in just alcohol..... is the Space case. All the holes are uniform. And some how, no matter how much you grind and grind, it won't turn the thing into powder, but really like a nicely uniformly chopped up herb.

Also, beware of the "Awesome super hard titanium blah blah blah" type grinders because they are really just titanium coated or painted. The resin can eat through it or when it gets really sticky, it just rubs it off.

I hope I can at least contribute something on this forum. LOL.

PS: off to see if they now make a bigger Space Case. I've had mine for 6 years and it's still my go to.

Comment

The Space Case

Click image for larger version

Name:	71NDAqTYqrL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	107138Click image for larger version

Name:	81QfD5NTwOL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	286.4 KB
ID:	107139Click image for larger version

Name:	81TrgHsQIfL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	291.7 KB
ID:	107140

Comment

Thanks for all your input so far. my grinders suck I hate all the materials they are made out of. i like to scrape the resin out and I allways end up peeling off metal "yea I smoke everything I am full on pot head". I was thinking about useing tungsten I have a block and it's hard harder than any knife or razor I like that space case it seems the Dimond shape is the way to go I need to go some more r and d to work this out
        It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X