pH meter suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pH meter suggestions

Anyone have any suggestions on a good pH meter. My blue lab pen is acting up. I have maybe 3 or 4 weeks left of bloom before I start to flush. I don't like the Hannah. I went through 2 before I got one to work. And that was not that accurate that's when I went to the blue pen. The blue pen lasted a year. I'm growing in coco and hand watering. Thank you for any recommendations

Get something different like drops or some ph strips

Comment

The BlueLab should last a lot longer than a year. It's probably still in under warranty if you check.

What's wrong with it?

Have you given it a good clean and recalibration? My local store is a BlueLab certified technician, they also offer $5 cleaning, calibrating & testing which I thought was pretty cool. I just do it myself though.
      Did the probe dry out or was the pen dropped or knocked?
      Did you soak or rinse it in RO, distilled, or demineralised water?
      Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
      600W HPS
      Coco
      GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
      Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• OzBud
        OzBud commented
        Editing a comment
        Just checked, the pH pen has a product guarantee for 1 year from the date of purchase.

🌱 When was the last time you calibrated it? 🌱
      (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

Hello 9fingerleafs and ozbud. Thank you for your replies. I've never tried the drops. I'll have to look into that. As for my meter it worked fine last week. Now it seems to take a long time to get steady. I tried to clean it by letting it sit in the calibrating solution over night to clean it. And today I calibrated with 7 and 4. On 7 it showed 6.8. I adjusted it 2 weeks ago. This is the first time it was off. Usually it goes right to seven and stops. Now it takes over a minute to stop at any reading. It is possible that I bumped it against something. My nute table is small. I've had it over a year so the warranty is over. I was looking to replace it with something just as accurate but more economical

Comment

• OzBud
          OzBud commented
          Editing a comment
          it should be cleaned with pH probe cleaner or a mild detergent/dishwashing liquid, not calibrating solution. You can gently use a soft toothbrush to clean the probe as well if you like.

Couple of pictures out of the BlueLab pH Pen manual
        Attached Files
        Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
        600W HPS
        Coco
        GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
        Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Thanks ozbud I will try to clean it up tomorrow and see how that works

Comment

• OzBud
            OzBud commented
            Editing a comment
            good luck. Hopefully it will work out so you don't have to get a new one.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X