No announcement yet.

C99 in 3rd week of flower too small?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR C99 in 3rd week of flower too small?

Hey all. Just looking for experienced growers or growers who have grown the strain Cinderella 99 from FemaleSeed.nu before. Posting pics below. She spent 2 months in veg. I was just spending my own sweet time pruning and training her.

Now she's in 3rd week of flower..... she didn't even begin budding till the 2nd. Do they look at all kinda small for you at week 3? 2nd grow, so no idea. She's on a 800 - 900 ppm bloom diet. Temps can be a little hot for her in my small tent but never exceeding 80 F and humidity never below 50%.

During her veg period, her leaves were so big and fat and now they all got skinny and veiny too, but I can't be sure if that's the LED lights playing my eyes or what. Need eyes!!

I think you want lower humidity during flowering.
    My first grow

Comment

• growdc
      growdc commented
      Editing a comment
      Lower than 50%?

So you do think they don't look fat enough for 3 weeks?

• Aloner
      Aloner commented
      Editing a comment
      That I cannot say. I have zero experience--I'm only a month into veg on my first grow. But in the GWE article on improving bud quality, there's a section on temperature and humidity. 50% humidity is on the high end of what they recommend. And they suggest far lower for the last 2-3 weeks before harvesting.

🌱Agreed on keeping humidity a little under 50% for flowering. The buds look a good size, some strains don't even start budding until week three and yours are all hairy so I think you're going well so far! The skinny leaves could be because they're getting a lot of light, you might try moving the light up a few inches just to see if that helps, because after week 6 of flowering the plant stops making new leaves so you want to make sure you don't start working the leaves too hard too early! Have you considered defoliation on some of the extra leaves in the middle (or simple tucking) to expose the buds to more light? That is one way to increase yields but you have to be careful of going overboard (at least I do, some growers take it to extremes far beyond what I would do). You'll find that the buds that aren't exposed to light will never get bigger, so exposing more helps increase yields.🌱
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

Thanks berrypilot So as I understand, C99 is predominantly sativa, so those look like sativa type leaves right? I'm using LED's in a tiny tent, I doubt they are getting too much light. Maybe not enough. I even lowered the light 2 in.

The only funny thing I find about this strain or the seed I have, is they start out like fat indica looking plants.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0003.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.90 MB ID:	106328​

then in the older it gets, she starts reminding me of a innocent princess turning in to an evil witch with skinny fingers and almost sharp looking. Lol.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2017-05-21 C99 Mother.JPG Views:	1 Size:	489.6 KB ID:	106329​
      So onto defoliation. This lady has has 3 major defoliation in veg and 2 already in flower. What you see below blew up into the photo above ina day and a half. This I was one of the major haircuts.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	2017-05-28 C99 Mother from Top.JPG Views:	1 Size:	452.1 KB ID:	106330​

This was her first 12/12 defoliation. I felt I took too much, but.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	2017-06-10 C99 Mother.JPG Views:	1 Size:	494.4 KB ID:	106331​

Few days, she becomes this:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	2017-06-18 C99-Mother.JPG Views:	1 Size:	459.4 KB ID:	106332​

I keep telling her that it's ok to bloom. She just seems to want to grow long skinny leaves and cover herrself up. I dunno..... I just thought there might be a bud fatening additive our there, but I can see pro growers here just using micro bloom from GH and get gigantic girls. I'll give her another week. She hadn't even started smelling yet.
      Last edited by growdc; 06-19-2017, 12:23 AM.

Comment

🌱 It could just be me, but I've found that skinny leaves, especially if they're pointing up at the light is caused by very high levels of light. Is your LED very powerful with strong lenses pointed down? But I'm not sure what they look like in natural light, but if the leaves are as pristine as yours look, I'm not sure I would change anything. Do they look a really good color in natural light? 🌱

Comment

• growdc
          growdc commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll take one in the morning. I don't know if it's super powerful or not. It's the only LED I own. LOL. I beleive it's the M6 by truth lighting? Yeah, pretty sure. Turn half on during veg, turn the other half on during flower. I'll turn it all off when lights come on and use natural light, and maybe you'd be able to see better. But don't they say that when leaves, any leaf, points up in a prayer position they love the light? or is it the other way around?

🌱 People disagree, but I feel like when the leaves point up it means they're getting too much light. The reason I say that is because when I see that in the flowering stage it seems like the leaves turn yellow early, but only the ones under the light. But I've heard other growers say it's a good thing so I'm not 100% sure. I've only had about 7 harvests (the first two didn't end up so good) so I'm still a newbie. 🌱

Comment

• growdc
          growdc commented
          Editing a comment
          btw, the highest part of the plant is still like 30" away from the light

Good morning berrypilot , here are some pictures with the LED turned off, and just using a CFL bulb for light. Obviously I tried some with a flash and some not. You still see something with their leaves pointing upwards? The leaves are getting very sticky.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-06-20 C99-Mother-3.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	651.9 KB
ID:	106871Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-06-20 C99-Mother-2.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	829.5 KB
ID:	106872Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-06-20 C99-Mother-4.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	707.5 KB
ID:	106873Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-06-20 C99-Mother-1.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	523.6 KB
ID:	106874

Comment

🌱 It's hard to be sure in the picture, but do the leaves look more pale on top than below? If so, it may be a sign the LED is too close and the leaves are working too hard for example like this. Though honestly your plants look great! Beautiful.🌱

Comment

berrypilot , well, I know, pics are hard to tell. I'm not like the best photographer and just using my iPhone to take pictures. What you see is as natural as I can get the light to be. I know what you mean about LED light burns. I had that on my first DWC grow. I am just thinking that it's not LED burn, because I don't see yellowing of parts of leaves or just the leaves on top of the plant.

Take a look at this picture. This was from my first grow. I think this is what you'd call light burn no? And this poor bud was like 1" from the LED.

Name:	2017-01-13 Pakistani Valley.jpeg
Views:	607
Size:	805.3 KB
ID:	107353

Name:	2017-01-13 Purple Trainwreck.jpeg
Views:	583
Size:	765.1 KB
ID:	107354

Name:	IMG_1026.JPG
Views:	559
Size:	362.4 KB
ID:	107355

But since then I got a much taller tent, and current distance is now 19" to the top bud. Same light. The pic you see above is a 100% indica. I didn't defoliate because I didn't know about it.

Now the pics you see in the previous post, those are really just all sugar leaves. The look pale maybe, but they are uniform in color. The whole plant. No spotted burns. They are all sticky and frosty. Just that the buds aren't as big as the pic above. That was all I was concerned about. But I guess now mid-flower, I'll just let her finish.

Comment

🌱 Honestly your plants look great! How are they doing? 🌱

Comment

berrypilot , I'm glad that I found out somehow, that you asked. I've been dying to post pics of her 5th week into flower right now and I really didn't know where or how....... so since you asked..... she's pretty isn't she? Sne is so sticky I'm afraid to even get too close to her. she just is kinda skinny, not fattening up too much, still very pretty and sticky.

Name:	2017-07-03-C99-Mother.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	655.0 KB
ID:	112311Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-07-02-C99-Mother.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	656.9 KB
ID:	112310Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0613.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	496.2 KB
ID:	112309Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-06-28-C99-CM-Clone-1.jpg
Views:	631
Size:	484.5 KB
ID:	112308Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-06-29-C99-Mother-2.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	522.0 KB
ID:	112307

Comment

🌱 They look insanely beautiful! How long does this strain typically spend in the flowering stage? 🌱

Comment

• berrypilot
                    berrypilot commented
                    Editing a comment
                    🌱 I'm definitely going to get one! Thanks for the tip! I love this forum 🌱

• growdc
                    growdc commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fine fine fine, I'll get one too!!!! All this PEER PRESSURE!!!

• Aloner
                    Aloner commented
                    Editing a comment
                    One of us... one of us...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X