Sprouts wont go any taller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Sprouts wont go any taller

i guess there's something wrong here my seeds are old i know so i put em in a distilled water cup for 18 hrs - 24 then into the rapid rooter inside the dome under the heating mat under a wood surface (my closet) room temperature 23c-26 and after three days they look like this,,, the sprout wont go taller than this,, why is that!!?
    Attached Files

Hello Rayan have they looked exactly like that for 3 days ?
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Rayan
      Rayan commented
      Editing a comment
      Some of them i guess and one of them the bigg white sprout has become this after i placed it in the rapid rooter,,, all of them were a little cracked and some hase a smaaaaaaalll white sprout when i took them out from the water

You made a simple mistake. The first white sprout you see is the main root. It should be buried in the medium and protected from direct light. Inside the seed are the leaves. when the root has gotten a little grip on the medium the seed will open and the plant will begin growing. Check germination timelapses on YouTube don't be discouraged

Comment

• Rayan
      Rayan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thx for replying but i didn't understand whats the mistake,, a couple of two seeds when i first sow yhe white sprout i put em in the coco and still nothing happened to them its been 3 days too,, and i did cover the whole with a small piece or rapid rooter ao they're not exposed to light

I'm thinking the same as 9fingerleafs. I'm no pro with rapid rooters as I just germinated my first seeds with them. I pushed my seed down about 10 mm and covered the hole with a piece of the rapid rooter. Maybe try covering it now? To push it in further now may be a little risky. Maybe someone with more experience can advise next steps. I'm not convinced that they should be sacrificed just yet. Older seeds can take longer to pop but still grow fine. also, are those rapid rooters moist or a little dry? Need to keep them moist but not soaked.
    4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

• Rayan
      Rayan commented
      Editing a comment
      I did cover them same as you said i guess maybe maybe because i soaked em maybe im not sure I'll try more i have a lot but also makes me sad to waste even one,, and i placed the seeds in the same whole of the rapid rooter i didn't make one from the other side,,,, any heeellllllppppppp 😂😂

Sorry agree with both answers above ,I hit the pipe to early this morning ,my bad, didn't even notice they weren't covered.
    Cfls for a week or two
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Rayan
      Rayan commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol its ok man so try helping me out so i can hit the pipe too

Maybe bad seeds
    Cfls for a week or two
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Rayan
      Rayan commented
      Editing a comment
      But they sprouted!!

Ok here is my update i moved these two seeds to the medium sprayed a little ph water covered them and under the light,,, but check this nasty looking thing i found i mean its the only one all others are looking good but what the hell is that!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Rayan
      Rayan commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol thx a lot mona its good that u used to check 3 4 times im checking like 10 times a day its my first growing and i bought a lot of stuff and did a lot of work to this closet too,, about the white thing looks like a web i throw it out i dont want to risk anything and the two seeds i already planted them in the medium i attached the picture,, but if i didn't use the doom the humidity in the closet is 45-50 i dont know im no expert but won't u think its gona take even a longer to sprout? And i know i should plant the whole rapid rooter with the plant once i see some green but im not seeing anything but i will be patient or i will try at least,, and as i said these seeds are gifted from a friend i dont know the strains but i ordered 3 different kinds of strains from nirvana ak48 northern light and white rhino but also i have these here so i thought why not practice

Wish u all the luck with your growing and hopefully more and more share with us some pictures

• POKEDSMOT
      POKEDSMOT commented
      Editing a comment
      The two pics of the seedling that has the web like cover carefully remove that cell with a spoon. Take as much soil as possible without disturbing the webbing. The other seedlings cover with media. The cloner should o the rest.

• Rayan
      Rayan commented
      Editing a comment
      thx pokedsmot i removed the whole rapid rooter with the web threw it out but i didn't understand what else u said 😬

that little white thing is the root, it has to be buried growing down

Comment

• Rayan
      Rayan commented
      Editing a comment
      I did buried it in the medium but look at the other pics look like a web or something nasty

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohhh I see it now. You are right that's very weird. Maybe some kind of fungus?

I dont like rapid rooters.. ive had to rip them open a few times to help the sprout get all the way up cause the seed was gettin stuck.. happend more the oncw.. like them for clones but not so much for seedlings..
    Visit my current grow at
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...227-s-5th-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...227-s-4th-grow

Comment

• Rayan
      Rayan commented
      Editing a comment
      Couz i tried without i tried in cup of water for two days and more not much happened,, i tried first in a cup of water for 18-24 hrs then paper towel method nothing happened actually one only had sprouted nicely and planted it its in my other post the picture then died couz i had the wrong medium but now i bought everything so i need just two to pop

Rayan looks like something has made a home around that seed ,an that's bad. You will do fine when you get your new seeds in. Good advice above and you will do fine ,keep us posted.
    Cfls for a week or two
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Rayan
      Rayan commented
      Editing a comment
      I threw it out the whole rapid rooter with the seed,, i really live far away i dont know if my seeds will actually arrive from nirvana thats why im scared and trying to plant at least one or two from what i have,,, started to feel disappointed about those seeds nothing is working,,, before i tried the two plates and paper towel but without a heating mat so just now i took about 10 or more seeds they spent yesterday in a distilled cup of water and put em in a paper towel with two plates under a heating mat so hopefully something good happens i will keep you guys posted thanks for everyone's help really

🌱 You need to make sure the new root doesn't get light until after it gets buried in the starter cube. Here's a good germination tutorial that uses that paper towel method which I think is even easier than putting them directly in Rapid Rooters. It seems like an extra step but for some reason it works really well with the paper towel method for me.🌱
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

• Rayan
      Rayan commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice very very nice tutorial and thank you for your time,, i tried the paper towel with two plates lets hope tomorrow or the day after some good happen

• berrypilot
      berrypilot commented
      Editing a comment
      🌱 Let us know! 🌱

My update

After 36hrs in the paper towel method two seedling popped one of them is the longest root i had really so befor that about 12 hrs from now i damped my coco with a little water ph 6.3 with cal and mag under a two cfl 42 wat light and i planted these two seedling today,, hopefully something good happen,,
    Attached Files

Comment

• Aloner
      Aloner commented
      Editing a comment
      Yay! At least keeping them warm shouldn't be an issue lol!

• Rayan
      Rayan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thx aloner Yay indeed,,, about keeping em warm i thought of putting the two small cups on the heating mat 😂😂 what you think

• Aloner
      Aloner commented
      Editing a comment

🌱 Just wanted to check in, how are they doing? 🌱
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

• Rayan
      Rayan commented
      Editing a comment
      No luck my friend nothing came out from the soil... Depressing really with all the things i bought

• Aloner
      Aloner commented
      Editing a comment
      4 days is a little early to call it a bust. I hope you haven't ditched them yet. I think 3-6 days is typical but longer than that is far from unusual.

• Rayan
      Rayan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thx Aloner no i haven't ditched em still in the soil

Another try its been 44 hrs in the paper towel
    Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X