Seedling transplant, SHOCK???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Seedling transplant, SHOCK???

So I planted my first seedling (Northern Lights) (jiffy pellet) in my super soil growing mixture, it looked so happy the first day, but now the leaves are yellowing. Please tell me it's suffering just a little transplant shock. It had a 3 inch stem that I buried, did I bury to much stem in the soil?

Without knowing more (and limited growing knowledge) it seems too soon to be dropping in super soil. But wait and see what someone with actual experience says.
    My first grow

Comment

Have been trying to use GWE timeline for everything, but need to remember it's just a guide "not all results are typical" hopefully experience will soon be my teacher. Thanks for the response Aloner.

Comment

• berrypilot
        berrypilot commented
        Editing a comment
        🌱 Is it possible to post a picture of the plant in the setup? Is the seedling droopy at all? If so it may be a sign the plant was overwatered after the transplant. 🌱

What's your growing set-up? Lights ,pot size, what your PH is, as Aloner says can't go from Jiffy straight to supersoil that will burn her up.Start over and tell us everything you have done with pictures if possible, then maybe someone might be able to help.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• Rookieweeder
        Rookieweeder commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry no pictures yet, but am using a single CFL for my one and only seedling, started in Jiffy pellet and when the second set of leaves started showing I moved Jiffy pot to Solo cup and filled around seedling with "Kind Soil" and returned to CFL light for a few days before moving to Space Bucket. I'm now getting the impression that I might have been a little impatient with this step.............Rookieweeder

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, jumped the gun. It was time to move to the Solo cup, just not with Kind Soil. Really only needs whatever soil you're going to use WITH the Kind Soil. I'm using Roots Organic with Kind Soil and I used just Roots until I got my plants into their final pot. There should be enough nutes in the potting soil to carry them along as seedlings.

Hey rookyweeder I have used jiffy pellets and didn't know that the fine mesh that is around a jiffy pellet needs to be taken off when you start getting any growth from the seedlings. If you check out the mesh it has a small section for tearing off the mesh the roots will not grow thought the fine mesh just in case you didn't see it . I used those for reg plant seeds and most died before I noticed it in there .
      I don't know if you took it off or not . Hope that helps if you didn't do that .
      Currently use 2 gal bubbleponics tank
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      General Hydro Nutes ,reg and organic
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

Originally posted by MedMan View Post
        Hey rookyweeder I have used jiffy pellets and didn't know that the fine mesh that is around a jiffy pellet needs to be taken off when you start getting any growth from the seedlings. If you check out the mesh it has a small section for tearing off the mesh the roots will not grow thought the fine mesh just in case you didn't see it . I used those for reg plant seeds and most died before I noticed it in there .
        I don't know if you took it off or not . Hope that helps if you didn't do that .
        this is incorrect info. i have been growing outdoors now for 8 years and i always use jiffy pellets and i have not once ever took the fine mesh off..the roots will grow through that so easy. here are my plants that i never took the mesh off and they are thriving so u can tell me thaT they have not grown through the fine mesh and are this tall and healthy
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Kygio I started taking mine off because I had bad luck leaving it on . It is a pain to take the mesh off because the peat starts falling apart but I never had luck with them I assumed it was the mesh but since you have had no problems must have been something else I did but it was when I started and trying stuff and a lot of things I did where wrong too .
          Thanks for the correction
          Using 150 Watt HPS
          Trying 300 watt LED
          Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

Oh and great looking plants kygiacomo
            Nice
            Using 150 Watt HPS
            Trying 300 watt LED
            Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

Originally posted by MedMan View Post
              Thanks Kygio I started taking mine off because I had bad luck leaving it on . It is a pain to take the mesh off because the peat starts falling apart but I never had luck with them I assumed it was the mesh but since you have had no problems must have been something else I did but it was when I started and trying stuff and a lot of things I did where wrong too .
              Thanks for the correction
              it was defo something else brother that caused it..i know what u mean when u try out a ton of new things u fuck alot of things up..i still fkk things up from time to time as well..its all part of the learning exp tho and makes us better growers..thanks for the kinds words..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X