No announcement yet.

The Ganja Ged Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bro GG. I know that's hard man. If I can be of any help in anyway you let me know. Love ya dude.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Thank you for the thoughs all <3

I'm pretty open about what is going on with me, not fishing for sympathy or woeisme, but because this is a difficult disease to deal with and if me being open about it helps someone else deal with it or helps a caregiver understand, or gives them someone to reach out to, then I've done my part.

LBD can be very embarrassing, you don't want people watching you twitch or drift off during conversations, or asking them the same question every 5 min because you don't remember the answer or even asking in the first place, etc. I know my condition is hard on all my kids but esp. my youngest daughter and her huband who moved in with me to help out after the Dr's suggested I shouldn't be living alone any more.

I had and have really a good life. I got to spend 32 years with a wonderful woman raised 3 kids, owned and sold a couple of small businesses, own my house and a couple of rental properties, and although not "rich" with the kids managing the properties they make some extra money and I have a steady income. We pretty much got to retire in our 40's and you can't beat that, even living in the middle of a corn field, lol. Maybe not "rich" but I'm as wealthy as a man could reasonably expect.

I could be a lot worse off all things considered, not the way Jeanette and I had it planned but like the song goes, It rarely turns out the way it does in the song.

But enough of that it's a new day in the garden! We got better things going on

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
      Water Curing Experiment
      My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

You have got that right GanjaGed. Have a great day brother.
        Cfls for a week or two
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Thank you all for the kind thoughts

Slow getting started today, we'll see how much I get done in the garden today. Should have some pics today too!

The Ganja Ged Thread
          Water Curing Experiment
          My E&F System

Comment

Going into week 2 of Flower.

Mama is going ok, I did early traing but then just let her go and just took clones. You can see she didn't get rotated enough and she really needed some continual training, but I wasn't planning on flowering her.If she ends up producing well I'm gonna have to tie branches up. The main trunks are solid but the newer growth is kinda small.

If you see leafs that are cut, that's part of my defoliation, often I'll cut leaves in half or whatever to clear bud sites.

The Ganja Ged Thread
            Water Curing Experiment
            My E&F System

Comment

And the stretch is on!

The hydro ladies are in beautiful shape, I think. Man if only I had stuck to the original plan and vegg'ed them another 2 weeks. Oh well it's all good,

Same for the 2 little gals in the back, more time would have been awesome.

I'm so looking forward to the flood table. And seeing the DWC in action is great. If only it had more flexibility I'd stick with it. But the flood table is going to suit me really well I think, a good balance between soil and full hydro.

The Ganja Ged Thread
              Water Curing Experiment
              My E&F System

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                They look SUPREME, GGed!!!!!!!

I'll post here in case anyone has something to add or correct:

Basically the system is 2 containers, a Reservoir and a Table. The Res is below the table and the Table has 2 holes, 1 smaller and one larger. The smaller is hooked to a sump pump and feeds water as well as acts as a drain. The larger one just hangs in the res above the waterline and up in the tray you set the height to how full you want to flood. That prevents overflows.

You run the pump on a timer to flood the table and drain. A baseline of 3 floods a day during lights on, adjust to local conditions and plant health. So like 1 hr after lights on, 1 hr before lights out and once in between. Mechanical timers make it a 15 min flood but that can be reduced with digital timers, and probably should. More on that once I get it going.

One of the things about Flood and Drain is how well it oxygenates the roots. When you Flood the water pushes the old air out of the medium and when it drains it sucks fresh air into the medium and once you have the times and number of floods dialed in it's simply impossible to over or under water.

LECA is the medium I'm going to use to start. Fill the table with LECA then bury my clones, when ready, in their netpots, into the LECA on the Table. But you can run coco in pots, whatever. You can add a dripper and run a top feed grow, you could just set some soil plants in pots (fabric, etc,) and had water if you want.

It's just an amazingly flexible system that doesn't pigeon hole you into any one thing, and I really like that.

Because of the waterfall of the overflow tube in the res as well as the movement of the water during flood you don't need an airstone or worry about stagnation.

Plus you can SOG, SCROG, or pretty much whatever you want.

Next grow will be all Flood and Drain

The Ganja Ged Thread
              Water Curing Experiment
              My E&F System

Comment

Oh yea I almost forgot music.... BAH

Well it's Flower Time and that means the hardest part is here

The Ganja Ged Thread
                Water Curing Experiment
                My E&F System

Comment

What a great explanation of your system GG . And your plants look great also , nice training dude .Our music tastes are also identical or real close to it. Tom Pettys guitar player ,Mike Campbell is one of the best in the business. I'll talk to you tomorrow dude.
                  Cfls for a week or two
                  36x36x63 inch tent.
                  Smart pots
                  Molasses
                  Autoflowers

Comment

GangaGed. Where are you ? Have not heard from you all day , hope your doing ok.. P.S. miss the music too.
                    Cfls for a week or two
                    36x36x63 inch tent.
                    Smart pots
                    Molasses
                    Autoflowers

Comment

• GanjaGed
                      GanjaGed commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm here

Been a lot going on here both with me, the holiday, a couple birthdays, etc.

Happy 4th! I should be back regular after todays festivities

Interesting read about harvest times. Would love to see them do the research.

The Ganja Ged Thread
                    Water Curing Experiment
                    My E&F System

Comment

• alltatup
                      alltatup commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I saw some interesting discussion on International Cannagraphic where someone was saying to harvest when triches are clear; sometimes I think there are as many "expert opinions" as there are weed growers!!!

• GanjaGed
                      GanjaGed commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's what he's saying that we are all harvesting based on opinion, and that opinion isn't in line with the science we know about other similar plants. Without testing we don't know for sure that our opinions are anything but opinions.

What we do now works so no changes here, but I would really like to know for sure when the cannabinoid profiles were set, and how the ratios and profiles actually change over time.

• alltatup
                      alltatup commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'ma start researching it.

That is interesting GG , where's the music?
                    Cfls for a week or two
                    36x36x63 inch tent.
                    Smart pots
                    Molasses
                    Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks DAAS for the reminder

Since it's the 4th

The Ganja Ged Thread
                      Water Curing Experiment
                      My E&F System

Comment

Wonderful Ganja talk at you tomorrow.
                        Cfls for a week or two
                        36x36x63 inch tent.
                        Smart pots
                        Molasses
                        Autoflowers

Comment

So I got something going on that I'm not sure what it means. I'll have to get pics tomorrow since it's lights out now.

I have both soil and dwc going in the tent, all plants are clones from the same mother, who is in soil in the tent.

All soil plants are showing early bud formation ( 2nd week of 12/12 ) but none of the DWC plants are showing anything but growth. PH is good at 6.1 trending up from 5.5.

No idea wth is up

Between me changing up the plan constantly and this I feel like this should be this grow's theme song

The Ganja Ged Thread
                          Water Curing Experiment
                          My E&F System

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X