plant is slow growing and has a bunch of problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plant is slow growing and has a bunch of problems

Hi all. New grower here. I'm growing my second plant from seed. It's burmese berry indica dominant. I'm growing with CFLs (~80W 5000k), in potting soil, I'm watering with tap water and food recommended from a hydroponics store, I'm ph balancing the water to 6.5. Temperature is mostly around 25C and RH is between 40-50%.

My first plant had a bunch of problems and only grew to be about 18 inches and produced only a few grams. The second plant is showing a lot of the same issues.

1) slow growing. The pictured plant is 4 weeks old and is only about 6 inches tall
    2) older leaves turn yellow/brown and curl up and die
    3) some yellow spots on one of the top leaves ( this I did not see in the first plant)
    4) a couple leaf tips have turned black (I think this was nute burn when I accidently added nutrients right after transpanting to fresh soil)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey Blaze, welcome to the forum!! I'm sorry you are having so many problems with your plants!! Here are my questions for you:

1. Are you checking pH runoff? Not just the pH when you water, but the pH coming out of the bottoms of the pots? If your pH is off, then your roots are going to have problems.

2. What kind of soil are you using, and did it already contain nutrients? If so, it's "hot soil" and your plants are getting way too many nutes. If your soil is hot AND you're feeding your plant at regular strength with your other nutrients, then that's another problem.

3. How many lights are you using? Your plant also looks stretched. How far away from the plants?

I suggest that you RE-ASK this question in the HELP! My plant is having problems section. I'm a hydroponics grower, and you need soil growers to point you in the right direction on these problems.

And supply the additional information I asked above. You may end up scrapping this grow, but once you figure out what you're doing wrong, you'll eliminate the problems. Clearly this plant is in dire straits!!!

FINALLY, go over to the GWE site and start reading the basic articles on soil growing, types of soil, pH, etc. I'll be looking for your posts and your progress!!

Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

welcome Blaze alltatup covered most of the suggestions ,are you growing in coco if so you need to provide all the nutes even the ones the plant only uses a little of . What are the nutes you are using . The statement you made the second plant is having alot of the same issues tells me its not the plant .its what the plant is getting or not getting ,so you have alot of homework lol good luck
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Hello Blaze. Are you letting your tap water sit for at least 24 hours before using? 6.5 is good going in but coming out as Alltatup said is important too.Lots of questions from above you need to answer before much help can be given. Good luck and welcome to GWE.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I'll test the ph of runoff and post again in the help section.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            We got our fingers crossed for ya.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X