First timer – need advice on when to harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First timer – need advice on when to harvest

OK, so, my girls have been doing great, and they look like they're nearly finished baking, as it were. There is a little variation in the maturity of buds from plant to plant and within a plant, but I assume that's normal. Almost all the pistils on the majority of buds are brown and some have curled in, but there are also some that are still white. A few bud sites are still putting out new pistils. As near as I can tell with my crappy jewelers' loupe, most trichomes are milky, and I don't see any that are brown.

Does that sound like it's still too early to harvest? If so, can you guesstimate how far away they might be from their peak, given that they've been growing sort of slowly due to sub-optimal conditions?

Thank you thank you for your expertise.

Hey alcippe. Sounds like you could wait a bit just to make sure all the calyxes are swollen and you get the most of it. Check daily the trichomes with the loupe and when you see the first few ambers in the bud itself (not on the leaves) then harvest. That's what I do. But I know it's hard to wait and you must feel The urges to harvest so as long as the trichomes are not clear you are good

Comment

Hey Alcippe, from what you have describe it sounds as if you are on the early side. Your buds should be done growing new pistils and 90% should be brown/red/ and curled in for maximum THC Harvest, I understand that some strains can keep growing new pistils. the advice from GWE states to cut them after the third time of cycling through New Growth.
      it would be awesome to have some more information on the strain, how long you been flowering, and pictures especially of the trichromes as they are the telltale signs Bud's can look ready for weeks but still be developing.
      have faith the end is near.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

good morning Alcippe it does sound like they are almost there maybe this will help I started my 9th week of bloom on Monday.they had a few amber trics on them I watered with Molasses . Then I went down yesterday and found that the buds almost doubled in thickness and were much harder . All that happens in the last week so if you cut early your overall harvest suffers. This is the hardest time for growers but hang in there it will be worth it. there are pictures in week4update
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

It does sound to me like it's time to brake out the molasses,and hang in there,it's almost time.......

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X