First time to grow, I want to buy a LED grow light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time to grow, I want to buy a LED grow light

Hello, everyone, I am new to grow weed, Now my babies just sprouted and I am considering buying a LED grow light on line
    I found this LED grow light on ebay, feedbacks all good, what you guys think about it?
    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Meizhi 900w LED Grow Light Panel Full Spectrum Hydroponic Indoor Plant Veg Bloom at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

Or any other suggestions?

This guy- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuu...L0ncyHrYWaiWrQ has done several reviews on 3-4 of that companies LED's and many others.
    It's worth taking a look- as buying an LED is all about matching and balance with your grow room/environment.
    It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Welcome Bertsmith and best of luck to you on your first grow! Make sure you consider how much room you will have, what square footage you want to cover for how many plants and how far away you can keep your light. Like Weed Pharma says, a lot depends on your set up and how much you are trying to grow.

Comment

You gotta be really careful when looking for a LED grow light to buy, i would only recommend buying LED products which provide their diode chip specifications. This way you can look up the efficiency and know what your paying for.
        Typically the chips advertised are run less than the advertised. For example, that meizhi grow light has 180 5w epistars, total 900watts. However they are only powered at around 2.5w at 418 watts total. The equivalent to HPS is stated at 450 watts. This suggests an efficiency not much better if at all compared to high pressure sodium.

Heres a post i made in another thread on information regarding LEDS.

Originally posted by Danofdanger View Post
        LED manufacturers use incorrect testing parameters and incorrect advertising. They are severely inconsistent compared to eachother and a lot of products offer no efficiency benefits over traditional HPS.
        They advertise the spectrum, comparing it to the incorrect chlorophyll disolved in solvent charts. Completely ignoring the Mcree curve. Whats highly amusing is with a video by kind LED in which they detail the mccree curve but then completely contradict it with a chrolophyll solvent chart.

Mccree Curve

Chlorophyll Solvent Chart

LED efficiency is not stagnant, their efficiency has been developing over the years, this is called the haitz's law. Its only of the last decade that LED technology has really seen its place as the dominent light source due to lower cost and efficiency.

Green LED's have had poor efficiency compared to RED/BLUE. The reason behind not using green in LED grow lights is not because of plant absorption sensitivity, but because its less productive using a lower efficient spectrum LED.
        Recently green LED's have now caught up, allowing its use in grow lights. Spectrum king is one of the first to adopt this and has full spectrum LED products. Knowing full well about the plants spectrum sensitivity, providing highly efficient and field tested yeild per watt.
        Written Articles:
        Light Metric Systems
        Using Light Efficiently
        The Light Cycle Debate
        Environment Conditions
        Grow Light Technologies
        How To Compare Grow Lights
        To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
        Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
        Facebook
        Twitter
        Instagram

Comment

• DrPhoton
          DrPhoton commented
          Editing a comment
          Why does wiring in series change the tmax of the diode chips. I would think the max forward current is unchanged no matter which configuration is used (unless tmax is changed).
          Theoretically you can run the chips at the rated power (with the rated color diode) but its commonly not done as its unpractical. Iv heard with proper cooling you can even drive the chips beyond the rated values.

Yea different spectrum chips under the same wattage category run at different values, i think this is classed together just for simplicity because its too diverse to catergorise seperately.
          I assume the max current rating distictions between colors is because of deficiency differences. Saying that i would expect blue to output the highest wattage because its the most efficient and releases less heat as a result, allowing it to run closer to the categorised wattage rating.

• growmore
          growmore commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say tmax?.the maximum forward current doesn't change however you wire them up. All that changes is the current passing through each led chip. A single chip running at 6.3 volts will use 120 mA. 2 chips in series require 12.6 volts to operate at the same output using 120 mA each, for a total of 240mA, for the series.

• growmore
          growmore commented
          Editing a comment
          This is someone else's thread and if you would like to continue this topic, it may be better to start another thread or pm me.

🌱 I never used it myself, but a friend got a ViparSpectra LED grow light and it went pretty well!🌱
        (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

I just bought a viparspectra as well

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X