Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken stem before switch to flowing

Hey all,

First time grower -- Wonder Woman and Aurora in coco in a 3x3x6 tent under 300W LED using GH Flora- nutrients.

Topped both a couple weeks ago and was ready to switch over to 12/12 before I broke one of my stems during "low stress training". Ha! The break was not complete so I used duct tape to secure the stem. This was three days ago (5/31). Other than the break I think the girls look healthy. They started from seed and have been in veg for 6 weeks.

Question: Should I give the plant more time to heal before switching over to 12/12?

Appreciate any guidance!

Hello bala, if your tent isn't press for height, a couple more weeks of vegging will not hurt. I read a Journal a couple months back and the basis of it was a longer veg period= increase yield, so a little more time can't hurt. But if your in a hurry to flower you'd probably be ok I've bent stems in flowing and they don't miss a beat.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I split my main stem in half LSTing the tops during flowering. I put some clonex on the wound and zip tied it back together and it never missed a beat. I'm sure your plant will be fine.
      #TeamAutoMechanics

Previous grow journals:
      Pure Power Plant and Blue Mystic + Freebies
      Girl Scout Cookies and Gorilla Glue (AutoMechanics Grow Thread)

Grow Room Video: https://vimeo.com/218651917

Comment

I used green painters tape on one I snapped just after she had gone into flower. Like Marley said she didn't miss a beat 😉
        FusionHut 5x5x6.5, Mars II LED 900W (veg/bloom modes), 4" Fusion Breath inline fan w/ carbon filter
        Coco/Perlite 70/30 "ish" in 5 gall fabric pots, GH Trio+CaliMagic+GrowTec PH Up/Down, PH test drops
        2x6" clip on fans, 1x8" desk fan, 1x12" oscillating fan

Comment

plant abusers the lot of you! lol
          Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
          600W HPS
          Coco
          GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
          Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• MommaBear
            MommaBear commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahaha u shoulda saw my face!!! Then it was like an er room Yellin at hubby 😷"Tape...STAT" lol

Awesome thanks everyone.

Comment

Tough plants. She'll be fine and might even give you the biggest buds of the lot with that extra stress
            x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X