Mushrooms growing in my coco???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mushrooms growing in my coco???

Still new to growing, on my third round now.

Autoflower White Widow, topped once. Went into bloom 3/10, have had no issues. This morning I go to turn the lights on and there's 6 bright yellow/green mushrooms about 1 1/2 tall sticking up.

There are a total of 4 plants growing, this is the only one that had mushrooms.

I use only coco coir and perlite, cal-mag and General Hydroponics Flora Grow, Bloom, Micro

Crystals are mostly cloudy but new white hairs keep coming up. LED lights are 20+ inches away.

Any advice? Where did the mushrooms come from? Our water drainage has always been good. Should we harvest this one now? Will the mushrooms spread, or are they even dangerous?

Some photos included. I appreciate any advice.

Subscribing to this one to see what others say. Hopefully buds are smokeable! 😲
    Current Grow
    Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

I dont know much about mishrooms, but i do know that what you see is very little of whats in your soil.... the mushrooms "roots" probably have filled alot of the space in the soil... unsure if it is bad for your plant...

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

It's confusing, each plant is in the same container, receives the same watering. Humidity is good and so is temperature. We have a de-humidifier in the tent, as well as intake fan, exhaust fan which leads to the carbon filter. Only one has these mushrooms, and upon inspecting the coco further, very small greenish/yellow mushrooms are just below the surface. Not much of a root system on them.

I do "think" I detect a faint moldy smell to the coco, but it's new and our draining is good.

I just wonder should we harvest now?

Comment

Did some research and they seems to be harmless... See below for one of the thing I read googling it. Take it with a grain of salt. Cheers

Mushrooms are a sign of healthy soil as they are very sensitive to pesticides, toxins, heavy metals, excess fertilizer, etc. They are an indicator that nutrient cycling is happening (this is a good thing) which means more available nutrients to the plants. with my outdoor, I always leave them be. I always get mushrooms popping up around my plants - to me this is a sign that the soil is fertile and healthy and that I have not been overdoing my fertilizer or pest control.
          Current Grow
          Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

Hey man don't harvest that plant because of the mushrooms, it ain't gonna hurt a thing .
            Pull it out if you dont like it.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Maybe the shroomies were a bonus grow?

Comment

Harmless!
                Just remove it... Others may sprout... remove them too.
                No big deal.
                As strainsgrow suggests, we are creating an excellent environment for shooms to grow!

Comment

They would be a sign of fertil soil. Removing them wont get rid of them, only prevent them from spreading to other containers. As DAAS said, dont cut it because of that... it almost looks like a store bought mushroom... did you cut some up, and not wash your hands? Perhaps thats how some spores landed on it?

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

We get mushrooms in our outside garden in shady areas close to flowers and other plants. Are your containers filled close to the top or did you leave a few inches empty? Mushrooms like humidity and moisture so maybe leaving a large space between the medium level and the top of the pot could create a humid area that the shrooms like.
                    4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Thanks for all the advice! There were a few more this morning in the same plant, so I just pulled them out. We don't eat mushrooms so i don't think it came from us, but if they mean the soil is good and nutrient rich, I'll chalk this up to a win!

And I'm so relieved, because these buds are really getting fat and I didn't want to have to cut them prematurely.

If I see a lot of them before harvest, we'll just make sure to scrub everything before the next run

Comment

Fungus (mycelium), bacteria, microbes by the billions inhabit our world. They are teeming around us. Even in a soilless medium full of nutrients and salts. Modern Science postulates we didn’t just descend from the apes but originally were spawned from fungus and bacterium.
                        My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
                        The universities do not teach all things

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	202562
                          My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
                          The universities do not teach all things

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X