Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! I used fertilizer and now my four plants are on the brink of death.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! I used fertilizer and now my four plants are on the brink of death.

I assume I will cause a lot of face-palms in this one but please know I not only don't have growing experience but I also have no gardening experience. I just moved to my first home that can support a garden and a few months ago I planted some seeds. I had 4 approx. 3month old plants. The bottoms leaves had been dying and through this site I diagnosed the plants as having a nitrogen deficiency. I suspected the soil wasn't good because other seeds I had planted in it never sprouted. So I bought fertilizer and sprinkled a shit ton on top and then mixed as much of the top soil up as I could. By the end of this feeding I had no doubt that not only did I likely over-feed them but I also over-watered them. Their leaves have been droopy over the last few days. Only recently did I removed as much of the fertilizer as possible and replant them. The leaves have now turned completely yellow but aren't dry and dead yet, still soft. They have been dying for almost a week now.

My question is, if all the leaves die, is there any hope for the stem? I do not know what it is called but I know for some plants, you can cut off/snip a dead branch at an angle and a new branch will sprout. What are my best options for this plant. I am attaching before and after pics of the plants and a bag of the fertilizer. It is worth mentioning I am living currently in Viet Nam so the fertilizer will be hard to read, but there is an ingredients list on top that could be understood. Hope this is enough. Please help save my plants.
    Attached Files

Picture on the left bottom is the current state of your plants, there isn't much you can do. I think you may be talking about cloning with snipping off a branch at an angle. At this point you're past that being a viable option. You can chalk this one up to a learning experience and use it to help with your next one. Proper soil, proper fertilizer, and following instructions on the bottles is key.
    Last edited by Waltermelon; 03-09-2018, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Sorry, but those plants are torched. I'd also try and find a location that will allow more light.
      I agree with Waltermelon-it's a learning experience. pop some new seeds and try again .
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X