First Grow/Closet Grow - Need help and tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Grow/Closet Grow - Need help and tips

So I germinated some seeds I got off some bad bud (Dont know strain) and ended up getting 5 to sprout and I have been growing them sense 5/20, they seem to be doing ok, that being said i've been doing tons of research and trying to add to my closet grow as I learn. Right now I have a 2 foot T5 grow light with a 3000k bloom bulb and 1 6400k grow bulb, this is because they sent my only 1 bloom bulb and 3 grow bulbs on accident. I have 2 200 watt 3650 lumen bulbs setup but it seems like even if I have one of them on it gets very hot and i'm worried it is to hot in there for them. I have two small fans blowing in between the plants for ventilation which help but it still seems to get to hot. Im not using any nutrients this grow just trying to keep it simple, i'm using natural organic potting mix and just giving them water when they look like they need it. Posting this with hopes of just getting other peoples opinion on how I can improve my setup and other tips to help my grow, need be if I run into any problems I can ask for help. PS. sorry for the mess need to clean up those cords
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Awaken5; 05-29-2017, 10:49 PM.

A lot of people can't see these pics thro this app. But I can give u a bit of pointers

Comment

• Awaken5
      Awaken5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok I will change the pictures soon and sure Ill take all the help you can give me

What is ur size of closet? (roughly in feet) how many lights what is ur total lumens do u add any co2 do u have any temp/Relitive humidity gages I pefer acurite as they have a combo one that's like 10bucks do u have anything to mesure ph and I would sugest adding nutes for sure because at about week 4 ur soil is not gunna have anything to feed ur plant and ur gunna get a lot of deficincys. Also ur lighting how far away is it from ur plants? Also what size of pots and what kind( fabric plastic???). What kinda high did that weed give u from the seeds lazy/couch lock or buzzy and energetic?

Comment

First off brother, seems like your off to a good start. I don't know much about your lights but I know you can grow the heck out some good bud just using the little screw in kind of cfls without heat being to much of an issue, they are great for young seedlings like yours. I don't know how big your grow space is but it looks like your ready.You need to get humidity an temp ,humidity gauge for sure their cheap. No doubt your at the right place GWE. These men an women know what their doing and will certainly be glad to help you anyway they can. Glad to have you. Good Luck
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• Awaken5
        Awaken5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! im trying to learn more about my lights dont know much looking into changing to HPS

Size of the closet is 2x31/2x7 I have 4 lights total 2 200w 3650L, 1 3000k T5 2000l and 1 6500k 2000L bulbs (Don't know a lot about T5 friend gave them to me), total lumens is 11,300. I didn't add any co2 I have a temp gage in there but i'm getting a temp/humidity gage soon, I don't have any ph stuff but ive looked around and could probably get one I havent added any nutes mostly because they are expensive. My friend told me for one of those tri fox farm nute packs only are enough for 1 plant which seems wrong but I would like to be able to use them. The T5 fixtue is a foot away and the round lamp fixtures are 1 1/2 away, I only use one of them because it gets to hot in there with all three lights on. Right now im using solo cups for 4 of them and I have 1 in small 1gal clay pot, I cant remeber the high ive had the seeds for awhile but I think the strain might have been GSC from what I can remember.
      Attached Files

Comment

For sure get a way to check your PH. Are you worried about the smell or not? Definitely need nutes ,PH up,PH down its not that high, and if you are serious you have got to have them.
        Cfls for a week or two
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• Awaken5
          Awaken5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok I will get them ASAP, not to worried about the smell I live with a couple of people but they all know im growing and dont mind, what nutes should I get and how much of that do I need? will a pint last long enough to feed a couple of plants for 4 months?

What size is ur closet?

Comment

• Awaken5
          Awaken5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Length is 2 1/2 feet width is 3 1/2 feet and length is 7 feet

If ur useing normal halogen light bulbs switch to cfs or anything else halogen create a lot of heat and very low usuable energy

Comment

• Awaken5
          Awaken5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok I was thinking of getting rid of the two round light fixtures and replacing it with a 175 HPS light

Fox farm trio will last a long time it's lasted me 5plants so far and I'm still useing it grow big and tigerbloom will last a long time but bigbloom u will need 2bottle a grow but u dnt nessisarly have to use bigbloom all the time just use it when u see u need it but trust me ull want something

Comment

• Awaken5
          Awaken5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok other then tri do you recommend using anything else with those? where those bottles a pint?

I know you got you seeds from some weed you got, and you already got them going, but next time try to get you some auto seeds then you can keep the door open and keep them cool. You got room for one maybe two.
        Cfls for a week or two
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• Awaken5
          Awaken5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok so if I can only first 1 or 2 what should I do about the other 3? Any auto seeds you recommend?

So for starters u need to take ur total sqf so for an example 2feet my 5feet so 2x5 equals 10sqf so u need between 2,000-4,000lumens per sqf so u need 20,000-40,000lumens in that area. Now distance is dependant on the light and the strength of the light t5s can be kept around 12inchs leds 18" and hps 25". Now this is a rough distance now light scheduale if u grow photos u can do 18/6 or 20/4 for veg and flower 12/12. Now co2 (use milk jugs or washer fluid jugs any 1gal jugs work.) ( 2liters water 1cup white sugar mix then add 1tblsp tradisional yeast. Shake and run a tube throw the lid while it's on and run the tube to the top of the plant.) 1jug per 1cubic foot 1x1x1. This is the cheapest way to add co2. Co2 will help the plant grow 20percent faster and also prevent the plant from getting light/heat stress. This will massivly help you! Now water do not use RO water as it doesn't contain trace minerals well or rain water is best but normal water can work as well just leave it sit over night to evaporate the clorine as this will kill ur good bacteria in the water. Now temp/RH temp 60-85 in veg in flower 60-75 temp. RH 40-60 in veg and under 40 in flower. More air movement will lower ur rh and temp will change it higher temp less RH and vise versa. Now ph soil needs to be between 6-7 as anything out of this range will not let ur plant obsorb different nutrients. If u dnt wanna buy nutreints u can use organic things like coffe grounds egg shells banannas peals ect... just reserch natural things for Nitrogen potasium and potash calcium megneseium and ect... but u will need something to help the nutreints. There's a lot more info but that's ur basics

Comment

• Awaken5
          Awaken5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you so much, already learn so much the closet is 7sgf so ill need about 21000 lumens? I have my room going 24/0 but changing it to 18/6, ill make that c02 recipe as soon as I get some yeast. I think im going to buy that fox farms tri as well, also getting ph test/ up and down

• Nsky
          Nsky commented
          Editing a comment
          What wit da sugar water n yeast co2 deal holy cow! You're a plethora of info Tyler amazing! Love your vast knowledge ty. Awaken5 welcome to the forum I'm a new grower also. Good luck to ya!

Comment

Some of those are probably gonna be males and you throw males away. You can order auto female seeds and have them in your mailbox in 3or 4 days and they are easy to grow. Like Tyler said FoxFarms trio will last a while.
          Cfls for a week or two
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• Awaken5
            Awaken5 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok yes forgot about that, it will be awhile until I find out gender right? Not until they start to flower?

They look great how old are they?

Comment

4 of them are 1 week today and the one in the melted solo cup is 9 days

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X