ready for nutes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ready for nutes?

My seedlings just sprouted yesterday, I am growing in coco coir with perilite. Should I start feeding them light nutrients now since there are in coco or wait a week until they are bigger?

Hi Snax
    How many leaves are there? Letting them be just plain ph'd water for a week is good then at the most 1/4 strength . I was 8 days and in hydro took a gallon out of my 5 gallons and added a 1/4 strength gallon back and the next day 1/4 strength for the 5 gallons. All is good with mine.
    Bubblehead
    4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
    4 Cures and a Life time gardener
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

Wait until the stalk hardens over...yesterday...way to early
      Last edited by Green75; 11-02-2016, 12:38 PM.

Comment

At least for me, I start them at seedling strength nutrients right from the beginning when I'm growing in pure coco and perlite. When seedlings first emerge they only have the nutrients contained in the seed itself, and unless you're using a pre-made mix that already has nutrients added, your seedling won't get any more nutrients until you give more. When you're growing in soil or a pre-charged mix, the medium already has nutrients to last your seedlings for a while, but whenever I start in any inert medium like hydro or pure coco/perlite, I've found seedlings grow faster if you give them seedling-strength nutrients from the beginning

Comment

Okay, I should of explained my answer.
          I have found that when starting with nutrients from the beginning it is easier to end up with nutrient burn eventually...sooner than later....because since you started so early you are more likely inclined to believe that your plant is ready for higher dose sooner than it really is..at some point and nute burn it. So i decided to try and wait until the stalk hardens over so they are strong and very hungry and will take full strength nutes from then on out it's whole life. (Give or take strain variation) and it's worked.

I see on here alot of people only using a smaller percentage dosage of what's on the bottle....does not compute in my head. They are scared of nute burn because of only two reasons.....1. They pushed their nutes to fast to soon and thought their plant could keep up
          2. All the horror stories they have heard about nute burn

So I wait till my ladies have two strong feet under them before I give them anything stronger than PH'D water.

To each their own in every aspect of growing pot....I love reading all the different posts and fresh ideas.

By no means am I ever trying to say in any of my posts that its my way or the highway.......I'm not my dad

Love you guys...

p.s. Give your plants as much as they can handle....WHY NOT
          Last edited by Green75; 11-04-2016, 12:15 AM.

Comment

I am going to bump this I'd like other thoughts.

Comment

Bump.......

Comment

• Tika
                Tika commented
                Editing a comment
                What does bump mean?

• Green75
                Green75 commented
                Editing a comment
                Means when a post is made it shows up on recent post spot...people can see

Green, do you feed at every watering? I water when the pot is dry, 4 or 5 days apart and when I skip a feed, they seem to notice!
              Team AutoMechanics

Comment

I always give them nutrients every time I water....

Comment

Not me Green. Very rarely do I give my girls nutes twice in a row. I keep track on a calendar. water, nutes, water, nutes. Just feeding the roots.

Comment

I've been pondering this lately reading everyone's do how's. Your way sounds good I guess it's only every other....you go full strength?

Comment

• kingfish
                      kingfish commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I never go full strength. What ever the manufacturer says, I use half.

Wait green. If it's working for you don't stop!

Comment

I second Nebula and followed GWE's GH chart from day one . I pre moisten my coco coir/perlite mix with pH water before I plop me rapid rooter in with germinated plant pretty much as soon as I see tap root and seed/cotyledon head into my little 5" sq pot. Each day I give leaf underside spray of pH water while doing the dome thing under T5s. Then lightly feed 1/2 strength seedling feed ..then continue with 1/2 strength schedule as recipie says. I no longer flush between feeds although GH changed their feed info to doing that. They also added mid-stream add micro to water 1st..why I do t know but being a good girl....
                      againnnn since I got the BlueLab ph pen I haven't had issues. That is not to say I could be stronger in my feed. I didn't want to change anything much while I changed my lights from HPS to led.
                      that said about to post pics of my plants at 24 days into flower with another scary defoliation ( because they grew more leaves!)
                      we remain...vertical
                      Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
                      Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
                      GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
                      photoperiod feminized seeds
                      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
                      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
                      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X