Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grow tent - DIY or let the wallet take the heat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow tent - DIY or let the wallet take the heat?

Been searching for the bigger sized tents and the prices are shockingly high. For a 10" by10" one could easly build 3 or 4 of these with cheap wood, mylar and ductape. Last one i buildt had the mylar caving in from the vaccume created by the exhaust, was about 4" by "9 ish to the price of aprox 100$. What can a 800$ tent do that 200$ of DIY can't, provided that the DIY is without air and light leaks?

IMO, nothing. On the plus side you can build in enough overhead racks etc f\to support all of your lights etc. If you can build it go for it.
    It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
    Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
    Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

Comment

• Jeg
      Jeg commented
      Editing a comment
      Ditto....

• Xaliuz
      Xaliuz commented
      Editing a comment
      Right on, man! And the money saved could perhaps be used for a 315LEC....

DIY. I use white painted form core board for walls, taped into a tub/shower. The girls don't know I didn't spend a ton of money on their house.
    They seem very happy with good light, air and nutrients.

Comment

• Xaliuz
      Xaliuz commented
      Editing a comment
      Love solutions like that!

Xaliuz, ima big fan of reflectix...relatively cheap and holds its shape like a boss.
    Last edited by bobsakamoto; 05-26-2017, 02:54 PM.
    "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

• Xaliuz
      Xaliuz commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the sound of that Bob, it got all the qualities prefered! I ounderstand why you are a fan of it, would almost think it was made for growing... The mylar didn't take much before it tore, had to patch it a few times. Also the mylar wasn't completley lightproof when direct sun hit it (had to lay it double..) so in all ways reflectix sounds perfect, thank you! The hose clamp used to join fan and vent duct has two "rings" where it can be secured to the roof or the top of tent taking the weight

• bobsakamoto
      bobsakamoto commented
      Editing a comment
      i thought the same thing when i discovered it!! then, after i worked with it i started paying attention to the backgrounds of pics in various growing forums, i started seeing it in a ton of grow rooms...

• Xaliuz
      Xaliuz commented
      Editing a comment
      You're totaly right it's everywhere! And i bet there's less hotspots than with mylar that may fold

For ventilation the plan is use these and some sort of building foam around it after wireing is layed.

Won't put seeds in soil until a bigger room is up a few enviromental tests are concluded

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X