Lights To Close?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lights To Close?

Originally my plants were doing ok while only running 2 lights which were actually closer. But i started having some issues and was advised to get more light on the sidelines of helping with the issues. Well i got 2 more lights going and the plant started doing worse than the problems i was working on fixing. Well i figured it was the lights being so many so close so i backed them away. However i still havent seen improvement. Are they still to close? Working on getting a ph tester. Currently no idea what ph is sitting at.

pH is a big deal - what kind of lights are you using? Plants look like they need sunlight - are your lights for growing or for reading?
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Kornbred
      Kornbred commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't know. Trying to get my hands on a tester atm.

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't need a tester - go to a pool/spa store - buy some Litmus paper. It's very inexpensive.

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      pH is important - should be around 6.0. If water is at say 5.0 that is 100 times more acidic than 6.0

Gotcha. Thanks man.

Comment

What kind of light bulbs are you using?

Comment

• Kornbred
        Kornbred commented
        Editing a comment
        I have an led 1550 lumens daylight.an 800 lumen led bulb from the potting section. And just got a 65 w spot-gro light and a d20 f 18.

I would say your lights aren't too close. They probably need to be as close as you can get them without burning the leaves. I agree with Canuck your plants probably need more light.

Comment

One plant is growing green again but the other is seeming to dry out everywhere and its def not lacking water.

Comment

Idk if I have ever had one dry out all over. I have had some lower leaves seem to dry out from not getting enough light. Maybe someone else will come along who has had the same problem and knows more.

Comment

The one that seemed to stop growing for a while is starting to look better and the one that was doing really good is still dying...
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Kornbred; 05-23-2017, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Probably to much water.
              Cfls for a week or two
              315lec for everything else
              Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

• Kornbred
                Kornbred commented
                Editing a comment
                Think itll live if i keep letting it dry?

You don't have to listen to me and I'm newish but your plants are in major need of a good light source. Why not cfl's? They are cheap. If I was trying to save those two plants I would have two 2700k and two 6500k. The second one looks salvageable not sure about first. The bulbs you listed don't sound right to me. Just my thoughts. Good luck

Comment

• Kornbred
                Kornbred commented
                Editing a comment
                The led daylight bulb is 5000k with 1550 lumens. Idk what the hanging t18 is, kinda purpleish. Dont know anything about the 65w spot-gro, but ill post a picture of the bulb. Also have a 5000k cfl with 800 lumens. And have an led that is 3000k with 800 lumens that i swap with the other 3 screw in bulbs.
                Last edited by Kornbred; 05-24-2017, 07:07 PM.

The spot-gro light. 65w
              Attached Files

Comment

Got to be able to test your pH, test it before you water , test the runoff that will tell you the condition of your roots.

Comment

• Kornbred
                  Kornbred commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Got a ph tester. Gotta fix that lol. One is to high and one is to low.

So my ph tester is for soil, whats the best way to adjust ph? Keep in mind im currently buying supplies at walmart and lowes.

Comment

• Kornbred
                  Kornbred commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes the 2 prong thing. And will do

• Jeg
                  Jeg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's great for checking moisture but not so much for ph. A lot of people use it as a guide for watering.

• Kornbred
                  Kornbred commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Seems to read it ok.

Would this work in a pinch for up/down?

Comment

Yes - API fish tank pH up and down can both be used safely with plants. If you have access to a hydroponics store or can order on-line I would recommend General Hydroponics pH UP and pH Down. They also sell pH indicator drops that are cheap and easy to use. (Nebula has a great video of this on the GWE site). You only need 5 to 10 drops of pH down when using so you don't need much.
                  I am still not sure about your lighting. The 60 Watt LED grow light is not very powerful. Hard to say how far away it should be, but the CFL's can be and should be as close as possible. (Practically touching if possible.) Best of luck!

Comment

• Kornbred
                    Kornbred commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Now when correcting ph do i over compensate just water with 6 until its right? And the tester i have also tests light. Looks like the led has to be right up on them too.

• Jeg
                    Jeg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If no one else answers you I will if you'd like

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X