Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Please HELP! White dots (not spidermites) + curly spots on leaves

Hi,

First grow, until week 4 everything was going great, I wanted to replant him and I bought a different soil from the previous which i got at a local flower market with no label, but perfect texture and low nutrient levels. The new soil was supposed to be perfect by ph and NPK ratios, seemed legit, but it started to kill the plant seriously, so after 3 days I decided to get the original soil and replanted her again. She started to get better, every new leaf looked extremely healthy, so the overall look also slowly changed back, even if the 3 bottom leafs didn't recover, the unharmed parts got their color back too.

Now at week 6 when I thought I am safe, since the plant was growing nice and healthy after the setback, 2 days ago I found small white dots on the 3 lowest sets of leaves (there are 6-7 sets altogether, and many little ones coming out at the stem). I know everyone says spider mites or some other bugs for similar pictures but it is not the case for me, I checked the plant very carefully everywhere under strong light and magnifier. It could be exposed to some bugs when she's out for a few hours, but I would rather think this related to toxicity or deficiency. I tried checking pictures of different deficiencies but didn't find similar... Can anyone comment on the picture?

My second (smaller) problem is that some of the individual leaves (not many around 3-4 in total) are softer on spots with slightly brownish color, and they curve differently from the rest (healthy looking part) of the leaf. on the photo you can see that this (middle) leaf of 7 has this problem but the other 6 doesn't. The phenomena was also minorly present before the replanting incident, so I would assume she has 2 separate problems.

I use ph 6 water (tap water, going through a professional purification system)
    I have a 7W and a 5W LED lamp being the bases, but I also put her out on nice days
    a fan also often runs
    I did not give any nutrients to the plant yet (but the soil she was in for 3 days apparently caused toxicity, and that might still be in her system)

I would appreciate some expert opinions, since I searched for many hours online and couldn't come to a conclusion...
    Thank you in advance

Howdy Guest Please try to post some photos of the problem. The first attempt did not come thru.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X