Stunted? Normal? Or Doomed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stunted? Normal? Or Doomed?

This is a White Widow Auto. Today marks the beginning of day 10 since it popped out of the coco/perlite mix. 5 gallon pot.

It seemed to do well for a couple of days, sprouting it's first serrated leaves. Then nothing happened. I figured it was busy setting down roots.

I lowered my 300 Watt LED (136 W draw )substantialy over a period of several days this past week. It liked it. But, nothing remarkable was happening.

So, 48 hours ago, I used a turkey baster to add a very diluted formula of GH Trio and CaliMagic in an area circling the seedling. It has really picked up the pace since then.

All along, I figured this grow would end up being aborted. However, replies to this thread don't seem concerned about the size of his plants. They are the same age and appear to be about the same size as mine.

I added a AA battery in the background of the pic for context. Couldn't get the camera level with the soil. So, it appears slighly shorter than it actually is.

What say you? Is the skinny stem anorexic? Is there hope yet?

Thanks in advance,
    Gears

Click image for larger version  Name:	Baby 1 Day 10.jpg Views:	2 Size:	1.15 MB ID:	95371
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gears; 05-19-2017, 07:57 AM. Reason: Typo's
    Do something nice for a stranger today!

Let it ride for awhile,u got nouthing to loose an lots to gain

Comment

• Gears
      Gears commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Potted

I have no plans to abort. I'm just not sure this is adequate growth at this stage of it's life. This is one of Auto's bigger downsides. Mainly, limited time to recover from mistakes.

I germinated 2 more seeds and put them in pots late yesterday. A guy could have worse problems than ending up with too much green, I guess.

cheers

Could just be in the genetics I've got five day old plants bigger than 10 day old plants just happens that away give it time it'll grow

Comment

Sometimes young plants seem weak or slow and suddenly BOOOOOM!!! Big fat resinous buds. While others seem to grow like wild weed and the end product turns out like wild weed. many great genetics need extra care when young cause we've been choosing those plants based on the buds and not resistance. Give it a chance and a lot or patience

Comment

• bobsakamoto
        bobsakamoto commented
        Editing a comment
        well said, 9. Gears , right now i've got 4 diff seedlings from 4 diff strains, 2 sprouted exactly a week apart from the other 2. one of the older and one of the younger are really big and the same size. the other older one and the other younger one are kind of medium and about an inch behind the big uns.

Dude she's just fine it's because seedlings take awhile to get into veg but once they do they will blow up its also ur light more light equals faster growth I'm growing white widow autos as well and my 1000w led 200watt true is like 4inchs above my plants and as soon as the true leaves come out I start giveing them 1/4strength nutes I fill up a 1gal jug and I use 2 cap fulls twise a day. Ur plant is right on track she's just fine. Leave her and let her grow it takes time and patience

Comment

I would say it may be normal for the strain/genetics. My two pics show a white widow auto and amnesia auto. They both germinated on the same day. but you can see there is a big difference between the 2. White Widow left Amnesia right.
        It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
        Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
        Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

Comment

Looks like my bag seed plant last week. Mine is 15 days old. Three times bigger now.

Comment

This is all much more positive than I anticipated. One gets a tad freaked out by some of the pics of young plants which seem miles more advanced than my poor little thing.

I have a second in a solo cup that is the same age, strain and supplier. It worried me even more since it has virtually no stem. Although, apart from that, it actually looks to be the healthier of the two.

You people are simply the best!! You've made my day.

Thanks to you all,

Gears
            Do something nice for a stranger today!

Comment

Ur very welcome we are all here to help

Comment

Here's just something to compair to. Both these pics are the same strain at exactualy the same age this is day 5 from planting. Both of these are under the same exact condistions. Just to show ya how different each seed can grow

Comment

• NebulaHaze
                  NebulaHaze commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great comparison pics!

Hang in there Gears..
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X