Problems posting photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems posting photos

Pretty much every time I've attempted to post a photo I get an error message. Are there mandatory specs (file-size. etc)? I keep cropping and shrinking photos until they post -- they end up looking like I took them with a 15-year old flip phone! They're just jpgs, not some weird format. I see others are able to post larger photos so I suspect that's not the cause of my problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    My first grow

Have you tried using the button with a paper with a clip. Select the files. And once they're imported you choose full size to embed into the text. Idk if I'm being more confusing but I don't use the camera button

Comment

• Aloner
      Aloner commented
      Editing a comment
      Just tried it and got "Invalid file data".

NebulaHaze What could the problem be?

Comment

Finally saw the light yesterday and downloaded a resizing app for my iPhone. Super easy. Size limit is 2mb on the forum.
      x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        I've had problems with 500kb files. I'm a growing noob but not so with computers and I'm perplexed!

Aloner I not a growing noob, but I am a computer dumbass of the highest quality .I can see the pictures good, I just don't know how to get the file they are on to download. Samsung phone been trying over a month .I am a dumbass. Don't know nothin bout lectrissity. D.A.A.S.69
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha! Around these parts, I think your kind of experience is more valuable than mine is...

I've had the same problem and asked Nebula - she replied that it is being worked on
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Jeg
        Jeg commented
        Editing a comment
        Are my pictures blurry

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        Not that I've noticed, no.

• Jeg
        Jeg commented
        Editing a comment
        My method is pretty simple and I'm on an iPhone

I'm sorry, and it's not just you. We are working to get this fixed right now. Could you do me a huge favor and send an example of one of the pictures to brokenpictures@growweedeasy.com along with the phone/camera model you used? I want to give it to our new programmers as an example of a perfectly good picture that's not uploading. The more examples we have, the better.

As far as posting pictures, in the meantime we've found a lot of people "fix" the problem by resaving the picture, even if you didn't resize it, or taking a screenshot of the picture. I know it's not ideal as you've said, because it should just work without you jumping through hoops Some growers also upload their pictures to http://www.imgur.com and link to them from here.

I can understand your frustration because I just got a new phone and now my pictures won't upload either unless I process them! The forum seems to have the most problem with new phones, because apparently they all save their images a little differently from each other. But I promise we are going to get this fixed because we're now paying someone to help us (though I can't guarantee any timeline since it's out of our hands).

When we first made this forum, we had noooooo idea what we were getting into, but everyone is so awesome that we're determined to fix everything one by one, and just improve the mobile experience in general. We are also in the process of getting an app for the forum, to give more browsing options to Android and iPhone users.

I'd just like to add that if anyone ever has any problems with the forum, don't hesitate to PM me. I may not be able to fix it right away, but if you tell me I can report problems so we can get them fixed by a programmer!

Comment

• NebulaHaze
        NebulaHaze commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope, nothing to do with that! You should be able to upload as many pictures as you want! (well, you're limited to a certain number per post, I think 10 or 20, but you can make as many posts as you want)

• Jeg
        Jeg commented
        Editing a comment
        Just checking. Good for me not sure how everyone else will feel about me posting even more!! Need a code word for S.H. First time trying that!!

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome, yeah... I'll send some examples. Thanks! And very cool about the forum app, that'll be great!

Nebula i don't now about your problem cause your to concerned, and I know you will fix it. But I KNOW what my problem is ME !! Honestly I am a complete dumbass, I don't know what PM means, I know what PMS means. I think I just learned how to EMAIL but I am not sure about that.I never had to do any of that,so I never learned, I wish I would have thou.My pictures are on my Samsung phone, and I don't want to ask anyone to show me how to post pictures on GWE cause they will see my plants an it ain't legal here.It's all my fault for fishing and staying in the woods to much and not learning how to do all this tech stuff.wish I could, that's why my name is D.A.A.S.69
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• berrypilot
        berrypilot commented
        Editing a comment
        🌱 "PM" means "private message". If you've never heard it before, how would you know? PMs didn't even exist when I was born! 🌱

I keep getting timed out message

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X