Yellow tips and maybe water drop burn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow tips and maybe water drop burn?

Hey guys, just noticed these issues this morning. This is my first grow, and first real blemishes. The plants are 2 1/2 weeks old. Sunday they graduated to their final container - 5 gal fabric pots. So far I've been pretty conservative with watering, trying to avoid over doing it (prior to fabric, they were 2qt plastic pots). Sunday I gave them their biggest drink yet - about 3 cups (700ml) of tap water. Today they were dry, so I gave them the same amount. Any ideas why I have a couple holes in the leaves? Maybe water drop burn? Bugs? We had my boyfriend's veggies in the tent for a week or so. I can't recall for sure, but it's possible the veggies had been outside and then were brought into the tent when we had a cold snap. Also, I noticed yellowing tips on a different plant. Maybe transplant shock or light burn? I raised the light a bit today (from 18" above canopy to 19") but changed nothing else. Ah, I forgot. I also see an abnormally jagged leaf edge on a third plant. Maybe an insect again? Thanks for any ideas! I really appreciate your input!

ETA - I forgot to mention I also just put an oscillating tower fan in the tent. I'm concerned it may be to much for them, even on the lowest setting. Also, I'm planning on starting nutes in a week or so. So nothing but FF soil up to this point.
    Last edited by RubySlippers; 05-16-2017, 10:55 AM.
    Started 1st grow 4/28/17
    3x3 Apollo tent
    600w MH/HPS
    Fox Farms Ocean Forest potting soil
    Fox Farm nutes
    White Widow x 2 and Papaya x 2

Plant looks very nice and healthy. Yellowing tips might be transplant shock, don't worry if it doesn't progress, better guess would be calcium/magnesium deficiency. Next feeding give 'em some nutes and get some CaliMagic, the CaliMagic (General Hydroponics) will make them a vibrant green.
    When looking for bugs, don't forget to look underneath the leaves. That's where they like to hide, and eat.
    Overall the one plant looks very nice. Nice setup you have as well.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thanks, Canuck! Your compliments mean a lot to me.

We looked for bugs with loupes (magnifying glasses) and saw nothing, top side and underneath. I'm almost wondering if they got damaged when we transplanted. It's the holes I can't explain. Dunno. Guess I'll watch closely and try to not to freak out. That being said, I took some more pictures of damaged leaves. I don't recall seeing these teeny holes before. And now I see brown and yellow spots.

I just looked at pictures taken immediately after transplanting and those small leaves were yellow then! Maybe it was getting root bound? The roots had started wrapping around inside, but it didn't look that bad to me. Only wisps of roots sticking out the bottom. The yellowing doesn't seem to be getting worse. I noticed that the leaves aren't that nice dark green (like your Pineapple Express! Very nice!). I figured when we transplanted it would have a fresh source of nutrients so I had planned on waiting to start the nutes. But now I think I'll start on Thursday instead of Sunday. I'll look into the CaliMagic. Can you use that alongside the veg nutes?

Thanks so much for your advice!
      Started 1st grow 4/28/17
      3x3 Apollo tent
      600w MH/HPS
      Fox Farms Ocean Forest potting soil
      Fox Farm nutes
      White Widow x 2 and Papaya x 2

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Your welcome.
        Use the CaliMagic with the nutes or whatever, but each time you feed add the CaliMagic.
        Oh, and about the holes. I'm not kidding here, give each leaf a gentle stroke between your thumb and finger each day. Every leaf, just like you are doing in your picture. Plants like it, bugs don't - and the leaves are very soft and strokeable. hehehe and don't sweat the small stuff toooo much. If anything growing cannabis will teach anyone patience.
        Last edited by Canuck147; 05-16-2017, 08:49 PM.

Is it possible you damaged the leaf slightly when it was small? When that happens, it can look really odd growing out. With holes that big you'd normally be looking at caterpillars or snails, and I think you would probably have noticed them by now if they've been around for a couple days and you've been looking for bugs!

As far as the plant that's a little pale, have you been checking the pH? I only ask because the pH being too high or low near the roots is the number one cause of deficiencies. Has it been droopy at all?

Overall they look really good!

Comment

Hey Ruby your plants do look nice.There is plenty of good information on GWE about starting young plants on nutes, start low for a little while then increase as to how well your plants react .You are going to do fine.Good Growing . DAAS69
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X