Yellowing leaves on my Wws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellowing leaves on my Wws

I'm a first timer experimenting so bear with me. I started seeds (Ww / SKRH) in Jiffy Peete and they sprouted nicely and just started to grow. At about two weeks, I transplanted them into larger containers. I realized after reading a lot about this that I might have made a serious mistake with the soil. I put them into Miracle Grow (6-month feed) as that is all I had available at the time. I am now experiencing yellowing leaves on two plants and one plant not doing well for the past two weeks. I cannot nail down whether it's the additive nutrients in the soil (toxicity) or if I have a real problem(s). I've checked pH, temp, humidity and everything is in the range that should be okay. I also have a Skunk Red Hair growing right next to my Ww and it seems to be doing better, albeit with some yellow on the edges of a few leaves. Any advice or suggestions to save these plants is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Sooth; 05-17-2017, 10:22 PM.

Hey sooth, these dont look to be presenting any type of nutrient toxicity. Are you using lights ? What this looks like to me is light bleaching. The plant in the second picture seems to be having a extra problem which presents as heat stress. Give me some more information on your light source, setup and watering schedule.
    Written Articles:
    Light Metric Systems
    Using Light Efficiently
    The Light Cycle Debate
    Environment Conditions
    Grow Light Technologies
    How To Compare Grow Lights
    To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
    Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

Comment

• Sooth
      Sooth commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      I am using lights (T5s on 18/6). I've kept them about 10 inches away. I followed some instructions that were posted about keeping them as close as possible with these types of lights. I water maybe once a week as the containers still seem rather heavy for almost a week. I also check the topsoil until it starts to dry as well.

Hey Sooth, welcome to the forum!!

What is your pH in and pH runoff? Do you know what I mean?

And YES, Miracle Gro is the wrong soil for cannabis; the soil won't give correct nutrients for different stages of cannabis. Here is why:

http://www.growweedeasy.com/top-7-mo...-growing-myths

If you scroll down to Myth # 1, you will see why.

Your leaves look like these leaves to me:

Problem:  A cannabis iron deficiency causes bright yellow leaves on new growth. This deficiency is usually caused by problems with pH.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Sooth
      Sooth commented
      Editing a comment
      My pH is about 6 in and out. I've used one of those meters that test light, pH, and wetness. I'm not sure that it's all that accurate though. I started to use test strips and it looks like about 6.0. Thanks for those links! I guess I just have to wait it out and see what happens in this soil.

Originally posted by Sooth View Post
    I'm a first timer experimenting so bear with me. I started seeds (Ww / SKRH) in Jiffy Peete and they sprouted nicely and just started to grow. At about two weeks, I transplanted them into larger containers. I realized after reading a lot about this that I might have made a serious mistake with the soil. I put them into Miracle Grow (6-month feed) as that is all I had available at the time. I am now experiencing yellowing leaves on two plants and one plant not doing well for the past two weeks. I cannot nail down whether it's the additive nutrients in the soil (toxicity) or if I have a real problem(s). I've checked pH, temp, humidity and everything is in the range that should be okay. I also have a Skunk Red Hair growing right next to my Ww and it seems to be doing better, albeit with some yellow on the edges of a few leaves. Any advice or suggestions to save these plants is greatly appreciated.
    I hear, I know. I see, I remember. I do, I understand.

Confucius

Comment

It sounds like you're on it, so it's weird. Did the yellowing happen immediately after transplanting? Have you provided any other nutrients or additives? How long is it taking to dry out between waterings? I know it might seem redundant, but is it possible to get a picture of the plants in in their setup?

You mention they're taking a long time to dry out, and I just wonder because sometimes "wet feet" can cause deficiency even if everything else is right. I recommend giving them half that amount of water at a time, in a circle around the plant, and see if it dries within about 2-3 days. If it's taking longer to dry, give even less water at a time. If it's drying in less than a day or two, give more water at a time. I just wonder if giving it a touch less water will help it "get going" and you'll be able to water it normally again.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X