Grow room setup help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow room setup help

I have a 12x24 storage shed, all insulated, heat,air. There is a window in the back . I am wanting to make a 4x12x8 grow room. I have the following equipment.
    5 300w led grow lights. 2 6 inch duct fans and 2 carbon filters. I have heat,air,humidifier and dehumidifier all one unit. I will veg in grow tents. How many plants can I grow at once and have room to get to them.
    all input appreciated. Thanks

Simply consider the square footage of your light coverage, and compare that to the size of the plants you intend to grow.

There is no pat answer without knowing the adult size of the plants
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Things to determine would be exact coverage of each light and do they have to overlap, how long is the veg cycle? how legal do you need to be(limit on number of mature plants)? how much room is left on the electric panel?, how much time are you able to dedicate to your plants?...as number of plants increase so do humidity, labor, smell etc....if you're not sure start small, it's cheaper to make mistakes that way, a couple of plants....stick to one strain if possible, trust me on that, less headaches when starting as a grower
      x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

Hey poppylon.....lucky said it, there are a lot of things to consider....start small and build up.....it's good advice dude😀
        The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

300W does not always equal 300W. LED fixtures are often rated at the theoretical maximum power their LEDs could handle, but other vendors use other rating methods. It is definitely not equivalent to 300W from HID lamps. I find five LED fixtures totaling 1800W of wide-spectrum LEDs very comfortable for five or six big happy plants. Including a few Sativas which are 5-6 feet tall. The actual growing floor space is about 6x6, including small paths around three sides. Nebula tells us (and my experience agrees) that for a given amount of space and light, you can have a few big plants or several smaller ones. Either way, expect about the same total yield. Hint: If you want to grow more than one variety, try to keep them all about the same expected height. If your lamps are up near the ceiling for some lofty Sativas, the three-foot Indicas aren't going to get much light.

Comment

Thanks for the info. How about the smell. Will 2 carbon filters work. I can't have any smell at all. Appreciate all in put.

Comment

• LuckyAcres
              LuckyAcres commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't have to use any myself but I'd think that if every exhaust pipe is filtered you'll be good.

• Flockshot
              Flockshot commented
              Editing a comment
              Carbon filters are not all created equally. I have had 2. A cheap one and then a Phresh. The Phresh is noticeably more effective.
              As for 2 being enough, time will tell. The strain matters also when it comes to smell.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X