First grow. Something is eating away at Mary's soul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow. Something is eating away at Mary's soul

Ive been watching many different threads here trying to learn as much as possible without the need of posting myself. Ive suddenly hit a brick wall and completely lost at the moment desperately seeking some advise.

I am growing for the first time just something basic from seeds I picked out of a bag. My babies are growing outdoors with only our god given sunlight, an only being fed Zephyrhills bottled water and where planted April 1, 2017.
    Over time ive run into a few newbie screw ups such as issues transplanting from one pot to another to separate plants, to over watering, and now seems like something is eating away at the precious leaves along with spotting and brown leaves.

Below i am attaching as many pictures as i can, i have been taking pics every 3-4 days since first seedling popped up. Can someone anyone everyone please look and tell me when i can do to keep away whatever it is thats nibbling away at the goods...

Thanks My fellow Green Friends and Family
    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Photos taken this morning

Comment

Howdy Dreda! 🐸 Wish I could tell you what exactly is doing those nibbles, but there are many leaf munching critters, caterpillars, slugs etc, and your area may host different ones than what I see. Being that it's on lower leaves...maybe slug? Any sign of their slime trails?
          The tops look super healthy and would probably be able to resist minor nibbling and continue to grow strong. 🌿
          Current grows...http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ime-collection
          Recent grows...
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...n-og-haze-auto
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ss-cheese-auto
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-2-we-love-you

Comment

If it's outdoors, rabbit? Bird? Cat? Usual suspects, no trace of slime or decal matter on pics.
            if indoors maybe water drops burns, without more details it's hard to tell...new growth looks healthy, that's the gauge...
            x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

Thanks rockman and luckyacres... i live in northern Florida small country town in the woods, no signs of slime or fecal that i can see. I dont know whats going on.
              It is a huge relief to hear the new growth is looking healthy though, any ideas as to what i can do to prevent the critters? What ever it is is getting into the tops as well..
              I also have 4 more that popped their heads out the beds today and would hate to have the same thing happen to them..

Comment

I know nothing.. but it would seem that you could cage it somehow to keep big critters away and you could elevate it off ground to keep little critters away. Maybe?

Comment

Last night whatever it is eating away had a pretty big appetite nibbling all night. I have the pots sitting out up on a lawn table. Im close to walking away 😢😢 its heartbreaking lol. Ill try covering tonight with something in hope to keep it away. **NEW PIC TAKEN THIS MORNING**

Comment

• rockman
                    rockman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry to see the frustrating nibbling continuing Dreda. Maybe you could try a spray of cayenne pepper powder mixed with water, this could be a deterrent after one bite. I've used the hot pepper on my outdoor flowers/veggies that got chewed up by woodchucks. I don't think it would harm the cannabis, used mostly on the larger leaves. Just a thought. Also there are lightweight fabric coverings used in gardening that allow sunlight and water in, but would stop anything that can't get under it. If it's something residing in your soil, perhaps diatomaceous earth powder used on soil would be effective. Hopefully you'll find the culprit soon!

Ok so yesterday last night i tried light Cayanne pepper, go out his morning not as bad of a loss however the best news is I believe. I have figured out what it is that eating my babies.. in the soil around the base I spotted two little snails. Sorry they lost there battle for life under a brick. Any safe ideas of how I can prevent others from returning.

Im getting there...😏😉

Comment

• rockman
                    rockman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I believe the diatomaceous earth powder that I mentioned specifically is a deterrent to snails and slugs (snails without the shell). They crawl over the sharp (to them) particles of those ground up diatoms, and they get pierced. Diatomaceous earth is available at most gardening centers. Even with snails, they may not eat so much that it would stop the plant from thriving overall, especially if you can slow them down. Good luck! 🌿

Well doesnt seem like anything else has been eating Mary rhe past couple days however today ive noticed she is dropping all around this is really driving me insane lol i dont know what i could be doing wrong. Maybe i should stop being cheap an do an indoor grow setup...

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey Dreda, actually she is doing well in spite of the adversity!! She's growing vigorously!!

To me she looks a bit overwatered, or possibly cold? Is it getting 8+ hours of direct sunlight each day? But overall good! It can be tough getting the watering right in the beginning, but once the plant is drinking a lot every day it'll be a lot easier!

Have you been checking the pH to prevent nutrient deficiencies? Have you started providing nutrients yet? I ask because it looks pale all over, which is often a sign of low nutrient levels overall.

I think you're actually doing a good job so far. It's hard starting directly outside!

Comment

Hey Dredafreak. I lived in a town in N.Fla called WEWA for about 5 years, nice place, some strange things going on there, but enjoyed it, on the Chipola River one of the cleanest rivers in Fla. Plenty of critters down there. You can buy some of that camouflage material ,like the see thru Windows on portable hunting blinds for real cheap to put around your plants to keep bugs out and I believe they would still get plenty of sun. Y'all got all kinds of stuff in them woods, plenty of mosquitoes that's for Damn sure.Good luck with your plants. PEACE DAAS69
                    Cfls for a week or two
                    315lec for everything else
                    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                    36x36x63 inch tent.
                    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                    Smart pots
                    Molasses
                    Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks for your responses everyone.
                      nebula I am only giving two bottles of water every three days I have been a bit lazy with this first bro I haven't done any nutrients or check pH levels, and is in direct sunlight from the time sun comes up to the time it goes down roughly 12-13hrs..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X