12 12 to 10 14 at end of transition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 12 to 10 14 at end of transition

This is my first grow. I have my girls on a 12 12 light schedule and have been in transition two weeks. They just started to show hairs, will going to a 10 on and 14 off light schedule hurt them or help them.
    Also will changing the lights affect yield.

cuting light back to 10 hrs the last week should be ok.
    I am yet to do this my self.
    But I'm thinking it will mimic fall and that winter is close approaching there for inducing ripening buds.

Comment

• pacecar56
      pacecar56 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you 4barrel

Two weeks is long enough for most varieties to start responding to a change in day length, but way too early to start rushing things. It takes time to grow large buds and lots of resin. Your yield and quality will go way up if you let them mature at their own pace on a 12/12 schedule for another 4-6 weeks. A lot depends on the variety, light spectrum and intensity, etc., so observe, take notes, and learn for your next grow. Compare what you are seeing with the GWE tutorials and learn to recognize the various changes as they happen.

Comment

• pacecar56
      pacecar56 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I may have goofed. my tent is 4x4x7, my light is 600 MH, my medium is coco pellets, my nuets are GH. I started my first grow with 3 girl scout cookies and 1 OG kush. Girls are almost half hieght of tent Og Kush is right behind them. The problem is I believe IM going to run out of room. Thanks for the info Zativa.

• Zativa
      Zativa commented
      Editing a comment
      When you cut the time down to push your plants into flowering mode, you should also switch from the blue end of the spectrum to more red light. If your ballast supports both types, replace the MH bulb with a Sodium Vapor. Or perhaps add a couple of small/cheap LED panels with extra red output (or maybe a full-spectrum fixture). Not life or death -- some people go start to finish with whatever lamp they happen to have. But appropriate wavelengths do promote bud growth.
      = = = = = = = =
      As one of my favorite ex-bosses pointed out: Good judgement comes from experience, and experience is gained by making mistakes. So even if this first grow doesn't turn out as wonderfully as it might, what you learn from it can be the most valuable result. Observe carefully and take the time to understand what you see. Good luck, it gets easier once you have a 'critical mass' of knowledge.

if your running outa room, you may consider chopping them in half.
    keep in mind once you flip to flower the will stench like crazy for the 1rst 3 weeks of flowering. this would also double the number of tops (where there was 1 top there will be 2).
    Now I'm not saying you should do this.
    I'm just suggesting that it could be an option to save head room.
    But after a week they will have recovered and on there way.
    and what you have chopped can be cloned into more plants. if you can manage that many plants.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X