Brown spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown spots

i have a plant who is showing some major brown spots. It is about 3-4 weeks from harvesting. What is this. I assume calcium deficiency?! Thoughts ?

It does look a bit like a Calcium deficiency. Is it happening all over the plant or just near the top? Can we see a picture of the whole plant in the setup under natural life? What type of nutrients/soil/water are you using?

Despite a few spots on the leaves, it looks like the buds are developing just fine

Comment

It's a mix of perlite coco and peat. I use fox farms trio and I have used my own worm castings. Regular tap water that sits for days. I am about 3-4 weeks from harvest so close to flushing for final product. Wasn't sure if I should make efforts to add calcium so close to flushing out. The spots are mostly top and newer growth

Comment

Comment

You might consider moving the LED grow light up a few inches, just to help prevent the symptoms from spreading (high light levels works the leaves hard, and as a result it's easier for them to get nutrient deficiencies). It looks like the symptoms are worst directly under the LED grow light, a sign the leaves may be working too hard for the environment they have now.

I think you could get a Cal-Mag supplement and use it a few times before you start flushing. It's common to see Calcium deficiencies in coco if you don't use a supplement, so it'd be good to get for next time, too. I wouldn't go crazy with a Cal-Mag supplement if you decide to use one since you're halfway through the flowering stage, just give it to them at half strength, and follow the directions on the bottle, and stop before you start flushing.

Also, have you been checking the pH? If you're already using nutrients, the pH being too high or low is the most common reason to see nutrient deficiencies. If you're using the hydroponic version of Fox Farm "Grow Big" (which I highly recommend over the soil version for hydro or coco), I know there's some Calcium in that already. Even if you still need more Cal-Mag, keeping the pH in the right range will also help prevent nutrient deficiencies from spreading.

You're doing great by staying on top of this! A few spots on your leaves won't hurt your buds, and your buds look like they're developing very well!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X